Disclosure – While I received the Sea Bass for review, my opinions and recipe are 100% my own!
Blackened Chilean Sea Bass With Fruit Salsa Recipe
I love cooking with seafood lately – it’s so light and delicious…and not to mention good for us! I have done several different types of glazes and seasonings, but I haven’t tried blackened yet…well, until last night…and it turned out AMAZING! You will be surprised just how easy it is. Of course, you can do this with any seafood that you would like, we used Chilean Seabass.
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of salt
- Chilean Sea bass – or seafood of your choice – we used Anderson Seafoods
- 1/2 cup diced peaches
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup grapes – cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime – juiced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Combine the fruit, lemon juice, lime juice, onion, cilantro in a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours
- Combine all the seasonings in pan and dry toast them for 2-4 minutes (seasonings CAN BURN, so watch them closely!)
- Place the seasonings in a bowl
- Place your sea bass on a plate and liberally cover each side of the fillet with your seasoning mixture – I rubbed it in
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil (or olive oil) in a pan and saute the sea bass
- Add additional seasoning as needed
- Cook until white and flaky throughout
- Top with Fruit Salsa and serve with quinoa/rice
I coated my fillets pretty good – make sure to do this one both sides!
The Fruit Salsa was absolutely amazing! The cilantro and onion added the perfect about of spice and sweet that complimented the Blackened Sea Bass perfectly.
Not to mention, the Fruit Salsa adds beautiful color 😉
This Blackened Chilean Sea Bass recipe is easy, full of flavor, beautiful colors and is DELICIOUS! Make sure to let me know if you try it – I would love to hear your thoughts!
Check out all the seafood available by Anderson Seafoods
Looking for other delicious Seafood recipes? Check these out!
- Healthy Crab Bisque
- Baked Crab Rangoon
- Stuffed Crab Cake Bowls
- Mahi Mahi with Jerk Seasoning
- Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Broccoli Slaw
- Mahi Reuben Sandwiches
- Blackened Chilean Sea Bass with Spicy Fruit Salsa
- Chilean Sea Bass with Pineapple Dijon Sauce
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Root Beer Glazed Salmon
- Honey Baked Salmon in Foil
- Honey Lime Baked Salmon
- Baked Salmon in a Light Lemon Sauce