This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This Mahi Reuben Sandwich Recipe is easy and will leave you wanting more! Have this mahi sandwich ready to eat in about 15 minutes. This Mahi Reuben Sandwich is a fun twist on a traditional sandwich favorite.
Mahi Reuben Sandwich Recipe
My husband and I love eating seafood. Not only is it great for you, but it is a fresh and delicious option to meat. And I know I can’t be the only one that needs a break from chicken now and again 😉 We had some fresh Mahi from Anderson Seafoods and making a fun sandwich was definitely in order.
This recipe only has 4 main ingredients, and then your toppings.
Once you have coated your Mahi in the pancake and corn flake mixture you will pan saute it. I used Coconut Oil in the pan, as I believe it’s a better option, but you can use EVOO if you prefer. You only need a small amount.
Once your delicious Mahi is cooking, you assembled your topping and get ready for your new favorite sandwich! This recipe calls for Cole Slaw, I also make my own, but if you prefer store bought, I’m sure you can do it.
Now, here’s the recipe, make sure to Pin It and Print It so that you can make it again and again.
- Mahi fillets – 2-4 depending on how many you are cooking for
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 cup of pancake mix – we used Bisquick Complete because that is what was in the pantry 🙂
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or EVOO
- Cole Slaw Ingredients
- 1 bag of cole slaw
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of mayo – I use low-fat or fat free
- Topping Ingredients
- Thousand island Dressing
- Slices of Swiss Cheese
- Mix the bag of cole slaw, sugar, red wine vinegar, EVOO, and mayo together
- Cover and refrigerate until ready for use
- Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl or container and set aside
- Mix the corn flakes and pancake mix in a separate bowl
- Coat the Mahi in the egg – make sure you coat both sides
- Take the Mahi from the egg and then coat in the corn flake mixture – make sure to coat both sides
- Heat the oil in pan
- Place Mahi in pan, cook approx. approx. 5 mins per side depending on thickness – Mahi will be flaky when done
- Place the thoroughly cooking Mahi on your sandwich roll/bun
- Top with a slice of Swiss Cheese, Cole Slaw and Thousand Island Dressing to taste
Doesn’t that look fabulous? It was messy and oh so yummy! Make sure to let me know if you try our Mahi Reuben Recipe! I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do!
Enjoy Seafood? Check out these delicious recipes too:
- Healthy Crab Bisque
- Baked Crab Rangoon
- Mahi Mahi with Jerk Seasoning
- Mahi Mahi Tacos with Mango Broccoli Slaw
- Blackened Chilean Sea Bass with Spicy Fruit Salsa
- Chilean Sea Bass with Pineapple Dijon Sauce
- Maple Glazed Salmon
- Root Beer Glazed Salmon
- Honey Baked Salmon in Foil
- Honey Lime Baked Salmon
- Baked Salmon in a Light Lemon Sauce