Low Fat Tiramisu Recipe
The folks at Seattle’s Best Coffee emailed me the other day and let me know I can find several amazing blends right at my neighborhood Publix! Including its first ever House Blend. Made from high quality, Latin American, Arabica beans, it’s rich, smooth and just right! I used this blend in my Coffee Banana Smoothie, it was perfect!
As the temperatures start to rise, I am loving having a cooler way to enjoy my afternoon coffee 😉
Seattle’s Best Coffee is on sale at Publix for just $4.99 right now through $4.99, so I took advantage of this amazing deal and also grabbed a bag of the Dark Roast. When I got home I was asking my husband about recipes that used coffee and he quickly requested tiramisu. Now, that proposed two challenges for me:
#1 – I have NEVER made tiramisu and I have heard it’s actually pretty hard
#2 – I have been leading a healthier lifestyle lately and how in the world am I going to make this delicious dessert with blowing all my calorie intake in just one bite?!
But, I was up for the challenge…and I will admit, it was fun! Oh, and it’s oh so delicious 🙂 Yep, I did it – I made an “easier” and low-fat tiramisu!
Here’s the your next favorite dessert recipe:
- 2 cups cool whip
- 4oz 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 2 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 package of lady fingers
- 1/2 cup brewed Seattle’s Best Dark Intense coffee
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of dark chocolate baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of Seattle’s Best Dark Intense coffee grounds
- Brew some Seattle’s Best Dark Intense Coffee – make it extra strong
- Place one layer of lady fingers on your baking pan – I used an 8×8
- In a mixing bowl add the cool whip, cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 2 tablespoons sugar
- Mix well
- In a small bowl or a measuring cup mix the coffee, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Brush the coffee mixture of each lady fingers, you can then drizzle some on to ensure they are all coated well – use half of the coffee mixture (1/4 cup)
- Use half of the cream cheese mixture and spread it evenly over the layer of lady fingers
- Add another layer of lady fingers
- Brush the coffee mixture over the lady fingers – drizzle the remaining coffee over them
- Use the remaining half of the cream cheese mixture to spread over the lady fingers
- Sprinkle cocoa and coffee grounds on the top
- Chill for at least an hour before serving
If you try this Tiramisu recipe – make sure to let me know
Disclosure – I did receive a Publix gift card to buy some essentials for delicious recipes that include Seattle’s Best Coffee. This recipe and all opinions are 100% my own.