This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers Recipe is an easy Make Ahead Meal. Make these stuffed peppers, freeze some and have dinner ready for another night as well!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
Easy Freezer Meal
A meal that is pre-made and ready to throw in the oven or crockpot is a parent’s dream come true on a busy night. Now that school is either back in session or about to be, I am sure you are looking for ways to make dinner time easier. And that is why I am loving this Stuffed Peppers Recipe. It’s easy, delicious, and you can make a bunch ahead of time and just pull them out of the freezer when you are in need of a fabulous dinner. Don’t worry, I will list a bunch more Freezer to Crockpot meals below this amazing Stuffed Peppers Recipe so that you can really stock up your freezer 😉
It has been awhile since I have made Stuffed Peppers, years to be exact, but my mom was down visiting from Michigan and we decided it was the perfect time to prep some Stuffed Peppers! Who can resist mom’s help in the kitchen?!
I do have the cooking instructions for the oven and the slow cooker listed below, so you are set either way you would like to cook these delicious stuffed peppers.
I love that you can make make Stuffed Peppers in just a few easy steps and you only need a few ingredients. The peppers add such flavor to the meat!
Once you have your peppers stuffed, you simply toss the tops back on and put them in the freezer until you are ready to make them. Ready to make them now? You can cover them with pasta sauce and put them in the crockpot and let them cook all day or toss them in the oven. So many options 🙂
Nervous that your kids will be scared off by the peppers? They don’t have to eat them! Just cut the stuffed pepper in half and let them eat the meat mixture. My kids loved it! And even though they didn’t eat the pepper, they thought it was cool that their dinner came in a edible bowl 🙂
Now, here is my Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 - 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- ½ cup Minute White Rice
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 1 small diced onion I used a red onion
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cubed bread
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 24 oz tomato sauce - divided one large can
- In a large bowl mix everything but the tomato sauce together
- Add in 1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture - fill peppers slightly over the top
- Put top of the pepper back on if desired
- Freeze until ready for use. I used an disposable alumium pan.
- Allow to thaw overnight if you are cooking in the oven, top with pasta sauce and bake for 1 -1.5 hrs at 350 degrees until meat is thoroughly cooked.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- If freezer to slow cooker meal, simply remove peppers from freezer, place in crockpot, cover with one jar of sauce and cook on low all day - approx. 8 hours or until meat is cooked thoroughly
I hope you and your family enjoy this Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers recipe as much as we do!
If you are stopping by today from Studio 10 here in Tampa Bay, WELCOME and thank you for checking out Food Wine Sunshine.
What is one of your favorite freezer to slow cooker meals? Do you like to meal prep?
Looking for more Make Ahead Meals? Check out these popular Freezer to Crockpot recipes:
- Garlic Honey Chicken – family favorite
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Barbecue Hawaiian Chicken
- Zesty Italian Chicken
- Mexican Chicken – perfect for tacos
Looking for a easy weeknight meal idea that is ready in 30 mins are less? Check out these recipes:
- Korean Beef – Ready in 15 minutes
- Shepherd’s Pie – Ready in 30 minutes
- Easy Chicken Parmesan – Ready in 15 minutes
- Taco Bake – Ready in 30 minutes