Have dinner ready in just 15 minutes with this easy Korean Beef Recipe. It has a bit of heat and a lot of flavor. Serve it over rice/quinoa and enjoy!
Korean Beef Recipe – Ready in 15 Minutes!
We love oriental cuisine, but I don’t make it much because it looks so complicated! And if you know me, I love to cook, but complicated isn’t as my strong point 😉 That’s why I am super excited about this Korean Beef Recipe! And actually, I made it with ground turkey, we like to cut down on red meat when you can, and this is definitely a recipe where we couldn’t tell the difference.
I also mixed quinoa in with the white rice, and my husband said he could barely tell 😉 I am all about sneaking the good stuff in when I can!
I absolutely love the sauce for this recipe and it’s so easy to make. In fact, it would be delicious in other recipes…I am thinking I may try it on salmon here soon….
Now, here is my Korean Beef Recipe. Make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce – I use low sodium
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 pound ground turkey – you could easily substitute ground beef
- 2 green onions, diced
- Cooked rice and quinoa for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger and set aside
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 min
- Add ground turkey and cook until browned
- Stir in sauce mixture and green onions until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with rice and quinoa – or just rice if you prefer
My husband was completely amazed that this meal was ready in just 15 minutes. I hope you and your family enjoy this Korean Beef (well, turkey…) Recipe as much as we did!
My kids even ate this one, I was worried that they would think it was too spicy, but they both really liked it!
Looking for other quick and easy meals?
Check out my EASY Shepherd’s Pie Recipe, it is another one that your family is sure to love.