Have dinner ready in just 15 minutes with this easy Korean Beef Recipe. It has a bit of heat and a lot of flavor. Serve this easy dinner recipe over rice and/or quinoa and enjoy!
Korean Beef Recipe – Ready in 15 Minutes!
We love oriental cuisine, but I don’t make it much because it always looks so complicated! And if you know me, I love to cook, but complicated isn’t always my strong point 😉 That’s why I am super excited about this Korean Beef and Rice Recipe! And actually, I made it with ground turkey here but I have made it with ground beef countless times, just use whatever you have on hand. If you like to cut down on red meat when you can, and this is definitely a recipe where we couldn’t tell the difference.
I also mixed quinoa in with the white rice, and my husband said he could barely tell 😉 I don’t know about you, but I am all about sneaking the good stuff in when I can!
I absolutely love the sauce for this recipe and it’s so easy to make. In fact, it would be delicious in other recipes… We have actually used this korean beef sauce on chicken as well and it was delicious.
Now, here is my Korean Beef Rice Bowl Recipe. Make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce I use low sodium
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes or more to taste
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vegetable oil olive oil is fine too
- 1½ tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey or ground beef
- diced green onions for garnish if desired
- Cooked rice and/or quinoa for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and ginger and set aside
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 min
- Add ground turkey/beef and cook until browned
- Stir in sauce mixture until well combined, allowing to simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes
- Serve immediately over rice and quinoa - or just rice if you prefer
- Garnish with diced green onions if desired
My husband was completely amazed that this meal was ready in just 15 minutes. I hope you and your family enjoy this Korean Beef Recipe as much as we do!
My kids even ate this one, I was worried that they would think it was too spicy, but they both really liked it! In fact, it is a regular request on our meal plan.
Looking for other quick and easy dinner recipes?
Check out my EASY Shepherd’s Pie Recipe, it is another one that your family is sure to love.