Busch Gardens has something amazing planned for YOU every week in 2020! Check out the 2020 Busch Gardens Tampa Calendar of Events and make sure you don’t miss your favorite events.
2020 Busch Gardens Tampa Bay Calendar Of Events
Busch Gardens Tampa has another year of fun events and celebrations planned for us! Busch Gardens guests can enjoy the celebration all year with great deals on park admission, including BOGO Fun Cards – purchase a Busch Gardens Fun Card and receive an Adventure Island Fun Card for FREE – and a FREE Preschool Card available for children age five and younger. Check out all the fun in the Busch Gardens Calendar of Events and plan all the fun things you want to do here in Tampa Florida!
Busch Gardens Event Calendar
Three Kings Day January 6
Guests can enjoy Christmas Town cheer through January 6, 2020 including the celebration of Three Kings Day. Visit the three wise men in person for song-filled storytelling and indulge in the park’s spin on delicious traditional dishes, from decadent tres leches cake to flavorful pulled pork hash.
Real Music, Real Masters January 7-March 15 (weekly; Tuesday-Saturday)
Busch Gardens’ longest running concert series is back with returning favorites and NEW acts! At the climate-controlled Stanleyville Theater, guests can enjoy incredible live performances spanning from the 1950s to today, including the following acts:
- Jan. 7- 12 Leonard, Coleman, and Blunt: Former Lead Singers of the Temptations, Platters and Drifters
- Jan. 14- 19 The Diamonds
- Jan. 21-26 NEW! BJ Thomas
- Jan. 28- Feb. 2 NEW! Piano Men: Sir Elton John and Billy Joel Tribute
- Feb. 4-9 NEW! Classic Stones Live: The World’s Greatest Rock and Roll Tribute Show
- Feb. 11-16 NEW! Simply Queen: The Most Incredible Live Tribute to Queen
- Feb. 18- 23 NEW! Let’s Hang On TM: America’s No. 1 Frankie Valli Tribute Show
- Feb. 25- March 1 Eaglemania: The World’s Greatest Eagles Tribute Band
- March 3-8 Cirque Vertigo Featuring the Wallenda Duo
- March 10-15 NEW! ONES: Beatles’ #1 Hits
Sesame Street® Safari of Fun Kids’ Weekends February 1-16 (Saturday and Sunday)
Join the Sesame Street krewe for a pirate filled paRrrr-ty! Families can enjoy special character interaction, themed story time, treasure scavenger hunts, and dance parties for pirate-inspired frivolity. NEW this year – on February 1 and 2, families can meet Aloysius Snuffleupagus, affectionately known as Snuffy, during the first ever Snuffy Weekend. The fun begins each Saturday and Sunday at 11:30 a.m. in the Sesame Street Safari of Fun area of the park.
NEW! Mardi Gras Weekend February 22-23 (Saturday and Sunday)
This year, guests can let the good times roll with limited-time food, cocktails, entertainment and live music – Mardi Gras style! Follow the fun to the Moroccan Palace Plaza.
Food & Wine Festival February 29-April 26 (weekly; Saturday and Sunday) My personal favorite 😉
A world of taste awaits at the sixth annual Food & Wine Festival each weekend from February 29-April 26. The festival features new and exciting dishes, plus a large selection of wines, craft brews and cocktails. While enjoying delicious eats, fans can see some of the biggest names in music as they take the stage the Festival Field. All concerts are included with daily ticketed admission to the park.
2020 Busch Gardens Food & Wine Concert Line Up:
- Feb. 28: Pass Member Exclusive Preview with “Eaglemania: The World’s Greatest Eagles Tribute Band!” This exclusive event is available ONLY for Pass Members to preview the all-new menu of sips and samples at the 6th Annual Food & Wine Festival. Visit buschgardenstampa.com to learn more or purchase your Annual Pass to gain access to this VIP opportunity!
- Feb 29: Collective Soul
- March 1: The Commodores
- March 7: Chase Bryant & Danielle Bradbery
- March 8: Rachel Platten
- March 14: Ezra Ray Hart
- March 15: THREE DOG NIGHT
- March 21: LOCASH
- March 22: Fitz & The Tantrums
- March 28: Home Free
- March 29: Taking Back Sunday
- April 4: Third Eye Blind
- April 5: KC & The Sunshine Band
- April 11: 38 Special
- April 12: Micah Tyler & Austin French
- April 18: Lee Brice
- April 19: Clint Black
- April 25: El Gran Combo
- April 26: Toad the Wet Sprocket & The Verve Pipe
You can book the ultimate festival experience with one of two exclusive VIP packages available for each act, including reserved concert seating and a 5-item Food & Wine Festival Sampler Lanyard. NEW for 2020, upgrade to the ultimate concert-goer experience with Unlimited Food & Wine Festival VIP Seating which includes VIP seating for EVERY concert of our 2020 Festival!
Busch Gardens’ new award-winning Executive Chef, Ernie Reyes brings a fresh approach to this popular event. With 25 NEW food items in addition to fan-favorite dishes and over 80 wines, beers and cocktails to choose from, the Food & Wine Festival offers an endless variety of flavors to sip and savor! Guests can tempt their taste buds with the following NEW items:
- The ALL-NEW Chef’s Corner cabin: featuring three signature dishes carefully crafted by the park’s head chefs – arroz con pollo, pork belly taco with kimchi slaw, and pork tenderloin with champagne watercress sauce.
- NEW Iconic Coaster Cocktails: including Iron Gwazi Gimlet, Falcon’s Fury Lemon Drop, and Tigris Tea
- NEW Pick-A-Barrel tasting: create your own flight of liquors and wines from around the world
View the entire menu and pick your perfect upgrade or purchase your Food & Wine Festival Sampler Lanyard – the best way to savor and save on everything the event has to offer!
Pass Members can purchase an exclusive 15-item sampler for the same price as a 12-item sampler and SAVE 20%!
Run For The Fund – April 4
Support animal conservation efforts by taking part in SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund’s Run for the Fund 5K. Register here.
Busch Gardens Summer Nights Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday Night July 17 – August 16
Guests can feel the spark after dark at Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay’s Summer Nights with an ALL NEW laser and fireworks finale, tasty seasonal eats, and extended park hours every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from July 17 to August 16. Cooler nighttime temperatures and enhanced health and safety measures provide guests at Busch Gardens a more comfortable and safe summer escape with their favorite thrills.
End a Day Full of World-Class Coasters with a BOOM:
After coasting the day away on Florida’s best thrill rides, guests can watch the park light up in a whole NEW way with an exciting fireworks and laser finale each weekend. In a physically distant setting, guests can enjoy a dazzling combination of lasers and fireworks with plenty of space to spread out on the Festival Field.
Indulge in Limited-Time Summer Flavors:
Park guests are invited to the biggest backyard BBQ in the neighborhood with a limited-time menu including frozen cocktails and delicious twists on summertime classics. From gourmet hot dogs with specialty toppings to a collection of desserts and drinks inspired by the iconic s’more, guests can grab their favorite dish on the way to the fireworks, including:
- BBQ classics: Kung Pao ribs, pulled pork and brisket chop sandwiches
- Loaded Mac & Cheese featuring your choice of beef short ribs or the park’s popular “Boujee” bacon from the Food & Wine Festival
- Pick-Your-Pack Specialty Cupcakes: including Chocolate Oreo Explosion, Red Velvet Cheesecake, Spiced Apple Salted Caramel, Chocolate Chocolate Chip S’mores and FUN-Fetti Delight.
- Spicy Strawberry Jalapeño and Summer Lime Margaritas, assorted frozen cocktails and much more!
Bier Fest – NEW Dates: Saturdays & Sundays, Sept. 12 – Nov. 15
At this year’s event, the third year of Bier Fest at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, guests can sip and savor seasonal brew offerings and new recipes featuring fall flavors at one of Florida’s most spacious outdoor theme parks. In addition to enhancing the park’s already strict health and safety measures, capacity will be significantly limited to create even more open space for guests to enjoy Bier Fest every Saturday and Sunday from Sept. 12 to Nov. 15.
From local craft brews and a curated selection of wines and specialty cocktails, to interesting international delights and unique snacks and meals, guests can explore 16 Bier Fest cabins spread out across the park’s open-air festival area featuring modified food and beverage serving procedures and contact-free transaction options. Guests can pair their favorite brew samples with delicious new beer-inspired dishes such as Sam Adams® OctoberFest braised short ribs and New England IPA drunken shrimp tacos, and Yuengling® Black & Tan chocolate cupcakes. Hearty fare is also offered at the Busch® Bier Garten inside of the Garden Gate Café, including new dishes like Mojo roasted heritage pork pub chip nachos and loaded mac and cheese with creamy Budweiser® cheese sauce topped with “boujee bacon” and onion strings.
For more details including the new menu, visit https://buschgardens.com/tampa/events/bier-fest/
For the best value to taste a variety of food and drink offerings, guests can purchase a Bier Fest Sampler Lanyard, starting at only $32.99 for a 5-sample punch card. Pass Members get an exclusive offer: 15 items for the same price as a 12-item Sampler, or three extra samples for FREE!
Park guests can enjoy fall fun from day to night, as Bier Fest favorites will also be available during the park’s separately ticketed night-time event, Howl-O-Scream, starting Friday, Sept. 25.
HOWL-O-SCREAM Select Nights Sept 25 – Nov 1
This year’s modified Howl-O-Scream event will include ten terrifying scare zones throughout Busch Gardens Tampa Bay’s expansive 335-acre park, including four all NEW zones. Designed to scare safely, the creative production team has consulted with medical experts to modify this year’s zone designs with a physical distancing focus, as well as enhanced health and safety measures, while staying true to the terrifying experience fans crave. With significantly limited capacity to create plenty of open space, guests will experience the heart-pounding fear of NEW horrors as they dash between thrilling rollercoasters and the fan-favorite Fiends show every Friday through Sunday from September 25-November 1, 2020.
ALL-NEW 2020 Scare Zones with Limited Capacity
NEW: Lycan Landing: It’s always a full moon at this campground and the park rangers can’t hear you scream. When the campfires burn out, will you escape the glowing eyes leering through the trees or will you share their cursed fate?
NEW: The Shortcut: Cutting through the cemetery may seem like an easy way out, except when the corpses rise from the ground to invite you into their graves
NEW: The Junkyard: You’ll find more than spare parts as you explore this surly scrap site. Will you make it out in one piece or be devoured by the haunted rubble?
NEW: The Escape: In this treacherous realm, chaos reigns and rules are made to be broken. The escaped inmates of Grey Echo Penitentiary seek their own twisted form of justice and they’re ready to deliver your sentence.
These four all-new scare zones join a collection of returning fan-favorites. The complete list of frights, reservations and more are available now at www.HowlOScream.com. Guests are strongly encouraged to make reservations early as reservations are required and space is limited each night.
Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event.
HOWL-O-SCREAM is 18 horrifying nights this year! You can attend every Friday through Sunday from September 25-November 1, 2020.
Pin Trading is here!
Busch Gardens launched NEW Pin Trading program in 2019. With more than 150 pins now available in the park, guests can begin collecting and trading the pocket-sized souvenirs. From fan-favorite animals, attractions, and events to exclusive collections not sold in stores, guests can trade pins with employees as they explore the park.
Yet another NEW coaster!
The buzz continues with more history in the making at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, as construction continues on Iron Gwazi arriving this year in 2020. When it opens next year, the ride will become North America’s tallest hybrid, and the fastest, steepest hybrid coaster in the world.
Expanded Health and Safety Measures:
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is committed to the health and safety of our guests, employees, and the animals in our care. The park has worked diligently with state and local health officials, outside consultants and attraction industry leaders to enhance our already strict health, safety and cleanliness standards. These protocols and guidelines will be modified based on evolving industry standards and methodologies, public health, and governmental directives, and advancing scientific knowledge on the transmissibility of COVID-19.
Busch Gardens Tampa Bay is excited to continue to provide our guests with fun, inspiring and memorable experiences, while addressing important health and safety needs during this time. For detailed information about the measures that guests can expect when visiting the park, including key operational changes, visit buschgardens.com/tampa/safety.
Best Ways to Play at Busch Gardens
- Pay for Day, play ALL YEAR at 2 parks- For a limited time, guests can buy a 2020 Busch Gardens Fun Card and go the rest of 2021 FREE. Get yours here.
- MORE VALUE, MORE OPTIONS WITH ANNUAL PASS – Pick your way to play in 2020 with a Busch Gardens Annual Pass, starting at $10.99 a month for Florida Residents. Guests can select from four pass levels for the benefits they want most – including FREE parking, discounts on merchandise and food, as well as animal encounters – to gear up for a calendar full of special events plus EXCLUSIVE pass member ride times.
- FREE Preschool Card- Kids 5 and younger can enjoy FREE admission to Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island throughout all of 2020 with the Preschool Card. There’s never been a cooler time to be a kid! Florida residents only, other conditions apply, register here.