This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This White Chocolate Mousse with Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce is not only sinfully delicious but easy to make. Be sure to enjoy it this holiday season! I am a proud CK Mondavi Ambassador, while this post is sponsored, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
I have a weakness for desserts and wine. Those are two things that I am pretty positive that I couldn’t live without….well, maybe I could…but I am not really willing to try 😉 And if there was a time of the year that we splurge a bit, it is definitely the holidays. So, I decided that I should combine two of my favorite things, wine and dessert, into one cup of indulgent deliciousness.
I made a White Chocolate Mousse with Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce. Let me say that again….
Not only is it sinfully delightful, it’s also easy to make. This White Chocolate Mousse with Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce is an easy and impressive holiday dessert menu item.
To make the White Chocolate Mousse you only need three ingredients. A box of pudding mix, milk, and whipped topping.
For the Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce, you only need four ingredients. I used the CK Mondavi Scarlet Five as the star of the show because it is a full-bodied wine that offers ﬂavors of black cherries and plums and ends in a soft, balanced ﬁnish. So it’s perfect to pair with white chocolate of course 😉
If you can’t find Scarlet Five Red Blend Wine in stores, I recommend using a Cabernet Sauvignon. Cabernet Sauvignon is also a nice, full-bodied red wine. CK Mondavi and Family Cab will work perfectly.
Then you just need sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, all of which you probably have in your pantry right now.
When you are done, swirl the Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce into your servings glasses/bowls and add in the white chocolate mousse.
Top with a raspberry for an extra layer of flavor. It’s also pretty 😉
Now, here is my White Chocolate Mousse with Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
White Chocolate Mousse with Red Wine Reduction Dessert SaucePrint Pin Rate
Ingredients for White Chocolate Mousse
- 1 box instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 container 8oz whipped topping - I used Lite
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
Ingredients for Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups CK Mondavi Scarlet Five Red Wine
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place all the ingredients for the red wine reduction dessert sauce into a saucepan, bring to a simmer and reduce heat
- Stir red wine sauce occasionally and reduce heat to low
- Allow the sauce to simmer for approx 30 mins, the last 5 minutes it will thicken up fast, so be sure to watch it! Let the sauce reduce to at least a 1/3 of the original amount.
- While the sauce is simmering, make the white chocolate mouse.
Instructions for White Chocolate Mousse
- Mix the milk and pudding mix together either by hand or with mixer
- Once mixed well, add the whipped topping
- Mix well
- Refrigerate until ready for use, it will thicken up while resting.
- When the sauce is done, use a spoon and drizzle the sauce around the sides of your serving glasses
- Spoon in the white chocolate mousse, drizzle more of the red wine reduction dessert sauce, top with raspberry (or berry of your choice) if desired
I hope you enjoy this White Chocolate Mousse with Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce Recipe as much as we do!
You use half of the bottle of the CK Mondavi Scarlet Five Red Wine in the recipe for the Red Wine Reduction Dessert Sauce, so I definitely recommend pairing this dessert with the rest of the Scarlet Five red wine. You may want to have an extra bottle on hand 🙂
Now that I have your holiday dessert covered, here are a few deals for you to keep a look out for while you are at the grocery store picking up ingredients.
Why I love CK Mondavi and Family Wines:
The first reason, of course, is the wine. A wine is only as good as it tastes. The second is the people. Their family winery, established in 1943, has been committed to creating ﬁne wines for four generations. They harvest grapes at their peak of ripeness from prime California vineyards, creating wines with fully developed flavors.
Why I love CK Mondavi Scarlet Five Wine:
Scarlet Five is the winemaker’s signature Cuvee, an expression of five red varieties capturing the best of each vintage. It has the backbone of Cabernet Sauvignon, the ﬁnesse of Merlot, the structure of Petit Verdot, the floral essence of Cabernet Franc and the boldness of Malbec. In other words, it’s delicious.