This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
A bit of spice, a bit of garlic and a lot of flavor make this Blackened Shrimp and Pesto Flatbread Pizza a delicious easy meal idea. This easy dinner recipe is ready in 15 minutes for the family to enjoy.
Easy Blackened Shrimp and Pesto Pizza
Pesto is a very versatile ingredient, and it’s especially delicious on pizza. Remember that big patch of homemade pesto I made not too long ago, well, this pesto pizza is one of the recipes I created to make use of all that yummy basil pesto. I topped my pesto pizza with blackened shrimp, fresh tomatoes and a little bit of fresh Parmesan cheese. The spices from the blackened shrimp paired beautifully with the bold garlic and basil flavors from the pesto, while the fresh tomatoes added a nice layer of acidity. All-in-all, this Blackened Shrimp and Pesto Pizza was a hit in my house.
I used naan flatbread as the crust for my shrimp and pesto pizza because it was easy and you all know that I love easy recipes. Plus, I love naan flatbread! You can easily use a homemade pizza crust like the one I used in my Healthy Greek-Inspired Pizza or a store-bought pizza crust if you prefer.
As I mentioned, pesto is a very versatile “sauce” for your pizza, some other pizza topping suggestions that would be tasty on your pizza pizza would be: sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, onions, sausage, pine nuts, bacon, zucchini, squash etc. Really your options are endless.
To make my Shrimp and Pesto Pizza you will need these ingredients:
Naan flatbread or pre-made and cooked Pizza crust
Pesto – I used homemade pesto, but you can use store bought
The directions for making my Pesto Pizza with Blackened Shrimp are simple:
Place naan flatbread or pizza crust on a pizza stone, pizza pan, or cookie sheet.
Spread about one tablespoon of pesto on the flatbread, this will be your “sauce” so be sure to cover the whole crust.
Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven for about 5-10 minutes or until the crust begins to get a little crispy.
While the naan flatbread is baking, sauté your shrimp in a bit of butter and sprinkle heavily with your favorite seasoning, I used DUST by VooDoo Chef.
When the flatbread is ready, remove it from the oven and top with the blackened shrimp, fresh tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
You can place it back in the oven for a minute or two if you like your tomatoes warm.
Cut and serve.
Easy enough, right? I thought so! Now, here is my Easy Blackened Shrimp and Pesto Pizza recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Shrimp and Pesto Pizza
- 1 Naan flatbread or pre-made and cooked Pizza crust
- 6 shrimp tails removed
- butter or olive oil for cooking the shrimp
- 2 tsp your favorite seasoning, I used VooDoo Chef DUST
- 1-2 tbsp pesto I used homemade, but store will work as well
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes more or less to your preference
- 1 tbsp Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Place naan flatbread or cooked pizza crust on a baking sheet.
- Top with pesto, spread evenly over the whole crust.
- Bake for about 5-10 minutes or until the naan flatbread begins to get crispy.
- While the naan flatbread is in the oven it's time to sauté your shrimp in a bit of butter or olive oil and sprinkle heavily with your favorite all purpose seasoning, I used DUST by VooDoo Chef. Shrimp only takes a minute or two to cook, so keep an eye on it!
- Remove the shrimp from heat when it's cooked thoroughly.
- When the naan flatbread is done, remove from oven and top with the blackened shrimp, fresh tomatoes and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- You can place it back in the oven for a minute or two if you like your tomatoes warm.
- Cut, serve and ENJOY
If you are looking for a wine to pair with this easy pesto flatbread, white wines will pair well with this type of pizza. To pair with the pesto, choose whites with floral and earthy notes, such as a Chardonnay or Riesling and don’t forget to chill it slightly before serving.
I hope you enjoy this Blackened Shrimp and Pesto Pizza recipe as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite pizza recipes? Have you ever added pesto to your pizza?
Be sure follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes, things to do and more.