This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This Zucchini and Sausage Breakfast Casserole recipe is not only delicious, but healthier breakfast option. Make this easy breakfast recipe and enjoy it with your family today!
Zucchini and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This Zucchini and Sausage breakfast casserole recipe is delicious, has hidden vegetables, and you can make it the night before! I just love breakfast recipes that we can make ahead of time and enjoy that slow morning with an amazing breakfast. I will openly admit that both of my children totally shy away from a LOT of veggies, but they both ate this Zucchini and Breakfast Sausage Casserole and they made absolutely no mention of the fact that there was zucchini in it 🙂
You don’t need many ingredients and prep time isn’t too long, so you can have this yummy zucchini and breakfast sausage casserole ready and waiting in your baking pan in no time!
Now, here is our Breakfast Sausage Zucchini Casserole Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Zucchini and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 small zucchini shredded (about 1 cup) - we used a potato peeler to "shred ours"
- 8 oz turkey sausage we used the HOT variety
- 6 slices bread we recommend a good bakery bread
- 2 cups shredded, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups low-fat/skim milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Lightly spray an 11x 7” baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook, stirring often, until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Line the baking dish with overlapping slices of bread.
- Sprinkle the zucchini evenly over the bread.
- Spoon the sausage over the zucchini and sprinkle evenly with the cheese.
- In a large bowl, stir the eggs with a fork until broken up.
- Add the mustard then the milk into the bowl with the eggs and stir until well-blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture in the baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and bake about 45 minutes or until the top is puffy and browned.
- Allow to cool for 5 - 10 mins before serving.
I hope you and your family enjoy this Zucchini and Sausage Breakfast Casserole as much as we do!
Looking for another delicious make ahead breakfast option? Check out these Paleo Sweet Potato and Breakfast Sausage Meatballs.
Find Food Wine Sunshine on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google + and check out all my delicious recipes.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
22 thoughts on “Zucchini and Sausage Breakfast Casserole”
This breakfast recipe sounds yummy. I like making breakfast casseroles for any meal
Oh my gosh this looks amazing!!! Showing this to my husband (the cook in the house) to make this next week!
This looks yummy
this looks really good and thanks for sharing the recipe….
I love to cook and this recipe looks terrific. I really love zucchini and grow it in my veggie garden.
Wow, this looks so amazing. I’m definitely going to try this. I just wish I had this recipe this summer when we had plenty of fresh zucchini.
What an interesting combination. I never thought of zucchini in a brunch casserole. I have these ingredients in my fridge so I am going to give it a try. Thanks!
This looks delicious!
My hubby loves to cook hearty breakfasts for the family. This is right up his alley!
It is delicious! Be sure to let me know if you try it 🙂
My kids love zucchini in egg dishes or just steamed. Lucky that my kids love vegetables ?
This recipe sounds so good and great for the season, I am definately putting it into the keeper box.
This looks really terrific! Wow!
This looks amazing, we are always on the look out for new recipes for breakfast.
I just tried this, and it was a hit!
This looks really yummy! I can see our family enjoying this for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Pinning recipe for later.
Ohhh, this looks so incredibly good!!! I can’t wait to make it. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
I love breakfast, I love casseroles and I really love breakfast casseroles! This looks and sounds so delicious! I’ve never seen a breakfast casserole recipe using zucchini before. I really like how easy this is and it’s definitely a healthier version of the typical breakfast casseroles. Thanks for sharing!
That sounds so good. I love zucchini.
I’m always looking for something to make with zucchini so this looks amazing to make the family would really enjoy it too.
This sounds very good. This is something I need to try for my family.