Looking for something a bit different and a lot delicious for breakfast? These Breakfast Sausage & Sweet Potato Meatballs recipe will add a healthy, yet protein-packed start to your day.
Breakfast Sausage & Sweet Potato Meatballs
The holidays are coming and that means our schedules are all filling up. That’s why I love make ahead meals! Especially breakfast options 🙂 Come Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, we are busy doing fun stuff! There is no time in the morning to make a huge breakfast! But, this Breakfast Sausage and Sweet Potato Meatballs recipe is perfect to make the night before…it’s even paleo! Just pre-make your meatballs, place them on a baking sheet, cover, and then bake them when you wake up!
Now, here is the Breakfast Sausage and Sweet Potato Meatballs recipe, be sure to Print it and Pin it so that you can make it again and again.
- 1lb low-fat breakfast sausage – you can also use turkey sausage
- 1 small sweet potato – shredded *we used a potato peeler to get our fine, see notes for other option
- 4oz button mushrooms – finely chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices of bacon, cooked crispy and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced *you can use 1 teaspoon of minced garlic if you have that on hand
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the shredded sweet potato, mushrooms, and onion into a medium bowl with breakfast sausage, maple syrup, garlic clove, and cooked bacon
- Mix well – using your hands is the easiest way
- Once mixed well, make 1-2 inch size meatballs with your hands and place them on a baking sheet
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until meatballs are golden brown and completely cooked through
- Drizzle with maple syrup right before serving
- Serve with waffles, pancakes or eggs if desired
I hope you and your family enjoy these Breakfast Sausage & Sweet Potato Meatballs as much as we do!
Looking for another delicious breakfast option? Check out this Breakfast Strata Recipe. It is also a meal that you can make the night before.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?