This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This delicious Breakfast Strata recipe will make your mornings easier! Make it the night before or assemble it in the morning for an amazing breakfast casserole that the whole family will love.
Breakfast Strata – Delicious Make Ahead Meal
Breakfast Strata is one of my favorite breakfast options – it is easy to make, it’s pretty, and you can make it ahead of time 🙂
My kids can be picky when it comes to vegetables, so I only put in some tri-colors peppers. I like the flavor they add, and the color is always pretty 🙂
To make it, it is really just a few steps. You will brown and drain the sausage, then mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Once everything is mixed, just pour it all into your baking dish and cover it overnight.
When you wake up, toss it in the over for a little over an hour and TA-DA – breakfast is served 🙂
Now, here’s my breakfast strata recipe, make sure to print it and pin it so you make it again and again.
- 1 package/roll breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 loaf of french bread cubed - or about 10 slices of loaf bread cubed
- 2 skim cups of milk
- 1½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tsp Emeril's Original Seasonings - or your favorite all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Handful of diced tri-color bell peppers - I like them for color 🙂
- In large skillet - brown sausage and drain
- In large bowl - beat eggs and add remaining ingredients - mix well
- Spoon into greased 8 x 8 inch baking pan
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hrs/overnight
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes covered and then for 10-15 uncovered to just brown the top
- Knife inserted in the center will come out clean when done
This Breakfast Strata recipe is perfect for the weekends, you prep everything the night before and just toss it in the oven when you wake up! Make sure to let me know if you try it!
Looking for another breakfast idea? Check out my Breakfast Biscuit Cups Recipe – they are easy to make and kids love them!
Check out more recipes from Food Wine Sunshine! And make sure to follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google +.
Looking for more breakfast ideas?