Breakfast Biscuit Cups – Easy & Kids Love Them!
My family loves “home-cooked” breakfasts on the weekend. The kids totally refuse cereal or anything else that may seem easy, they want something warm and fun! So, this past weekend I combined some of our favorite breakfast foods and put them all into an easy to eat biscuit cup!
And it was SO easy to make this super cute breakfast 🙂 You just flatten the biscuits with your hand, push them into the muffin/cupcake pan and fill them up!
As you can see, we opted for scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, and some cheese.
Now, here’s how to make those adorable Breakfast Biscuit Cups:
- 1 can of biscuits – I used the small can that had 5 in it – that was perfect for my family of 4
- 4 eggs
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 links of turkey sausage
- Flatten each biscuit and firmly press each one into the muffin/cupcake pan as pictured above
- Lightly scramble the eggs – no need to make them really firm since you will be baking them as well
- Cook turkey sausage
- Cut turkey sausage into bite size pieces and add it to the pan with the eggs
- Mix well
- Fill each biscuit with the egg mixture
- Top with cheese
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown
My husband topped his with maple syrup and the kids and I eat ours plain. My husband did say that he thought sausage gravy would be really good on these…maybe I’ll try that next time?? 🙂
I love that this recipe yields a fun finger food for breakfast! And that the possibilities of what you fill them with are basically endless!
I hope your family enjoys these Breakfast Biscuit Cups as much as we do!
Looking for another delicious breakfast idea? Check out my Breakfast Strata!
Looking for more Breakfast ideas?