Traditional Lasagna is easier to make than you think! You will have this delicious dinner on the table in about a hour with very little prep time. Enjoy this traditional Lasagna recipe with family and friends.
Traditional Lasagna Recipe
Have you ever noticed that some of your favorite holiday memories are centered around food? A specific menu item, a fun dessert that you made with your mom, that special meal that you have every year. Home is where your heart is, and you know the saying…the heart of the home is the kitchen.
There are so many traditions that start in the kitchen. Lasagna has always been a meal that has brought my family around the table. I remember my mom making it for me when I was young…who am I kidding…she still makes it for us when she comes to visit!
And with the holidays near, I wanted to share my Lasagna recipe with you, just in case you would like to one of my family traditions with yours!
Lasagna is actually fairly simple to make, you need a few staple ingredients and need to follow a few easy steps.
You start with an amazing pasta sauce. You can make it from scratch if you would like, but to simplify things I recommend just grabbing your favorite sauce at the store.
First, you will brown your beef in a large pan.
While the beef is browning, pour a small amount of the the sauce into your baking dish. Just enough to put a small coat on the bottom. Now, set that aside.
Next you will prepare the cheese mixture. Grab a medium bowl and mix ricotta cheese, an egg, Italian Seasoning, and Italian Blend Shredded Cheese. Set that aside until you are ready to layer your lasagna.
Once the beef is cooked (drain grease if needed) pour the remainder of the sauce into the pan with the beef. Allow your beef mixture to simmer for a few minutes so that all the flavors absorb into the meat.
Now you you start layering the goodness! You will start with the noodles and continue to repeat the layers until your baking dish is full. Sprinkle the top with any remaining sauce mixture and a little extra cheese. I do use oven ready lasagna noodles, again, it just simplifies things 🙂
Then before you know it, you will have a delicious meal ready for your family! Serve with a nice loaf of bread, a fresh salad and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon (well, for those 21+ years old 😉 )
Now , here is my easy Lasagna Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Traditional Lasagna
- 1 24 oz jar your favorite pasta sauce
- 1½ lbs ground beef - I used lean
- 1 15 oz container of Ricotta Cheese - I used Part skim
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups Italian Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian Blend Seasoning
- 1 oven ready lasagna noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown beef in large skillet
- Mix ricotta, seasonings, egg, and 1 cup of shredded cheese in a medium bowl
- Pour a small amount of pasta Sauce on the bottom of the a 8x8 baking dish , just enough to lightly cover the bottom
- Once the beef is browned, pour the remainder of the sauce into the skillet with the beef
- Place two of the noodles in the baking dish on top of the sauce
- Spread on a thin layer of the cheese mixture
- Layer on the part of meat mixture on top of the cheese mixture
- Place two more noodles
- Continue to layer cheese and meat until you have reached the top of your baking dish, for me, it was three layers of noodles
- On the last layer of noodles, pour on the remainder of the meat mixture and sprinkle on the remainder of the shredded cheese
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil
- Bake for 45 minutes or until heat throughout and the cheese is bubbly and looking fantastic
I hope you and your family enjoy this traditional Lasagna Recipe as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite traditional family recipes?
Looking for more family-friendly recipes?