My favorite holiday flavors, chocolate and peppermint! They are blended together perfectly in this Peppermint Chocolate Icing in the Cake Recipe. This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.
Peppermint Chocolate Icing in the Cake Recipe
I wanted to bake up something fun and festive for the holidays and I sure did it with this Peppermint Chocolate Icing in the Cake recipe! First, let me explain what it is…I can understand where the name of this cake can be a bit confusing. But in fact, it is actually quite simple. You put the icing in the cake! Yep, the icing is mixed into the cake mix before you bake it. Sounds yum doesn’t it?!
One of my favorite flavors of the holidays is peppermint, in my coffee, in my cookies, my kids love to hang candy canes on the Christmas tress, so I knew that my Icing in the Cake “Cake” would also have peppermint in it. So, if you are looking for a unique dessert recipe this holiday season, I would have to say, this is it!
I grabbed everything at Publix and was on my way back home in moments 🙂 I used the Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Cake Mix and the Vanilla Frosting because I didn’t want it to be too rich. I figured the chocolate, vanilla, and peppermint would all make for a delightful mix.
You simply hand mix the ingredients all together and pour them into your bundt pan.
Be sure to save a bit of the frosting so that you can melt it and drizzle it onto the cake once it’s cooled.
Now, here is my Peppermint Chocolate Icing in the Cake Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Peppermint Chocolate Icing In The Cake Recipe
- 1 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk - I used skim
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 can Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 2 candy canes - crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, milk, peppermint extract and oil by HAND until well blended.
- Add 3/4 of the frosting to the cake mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour the mixture into a well greased 12 cup bundt/angel food pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour/until done.
- Cool for approx. 10 minutes then turn out on to plate.
- Take the remainder of the frosting and put it in a microwave safe bowl and warm in 20 second increments until melted.
- Drizzle the melted frosting over the cake.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the top of the cake.