This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Want a tender and flavorful pot roast recipe? Well, here it is, how to make a tender & flavorful Maple Glazed Pot Roast. Enjoy this holiday season and beyond! I am a proud CK Mondavi and Family Ambassador, while this post is sponsored, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Maple Glazed Pot Roast
Confession. This is the first roast I have ever made. If you are like anyone else I have confessed that to, you are thinking “WHAT?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!” It’s a family staple, everyone’s mom and grandma made roasts, right? Well, that’s probably why I never did, I had them growing up and never thought about making one myself. I did make an Easy Chicken “Pot Roast” in the past, but for this Pot Roast recipe, I decided to go for something less traditional, more me. I made a delicious glaze for my Pot Roast and it was…well, delicious 😉
I am new to loving brussels sprouts, so I knew I wanted those included, and what is a pot roast without potatoes and carrots?! The brussels sprouts, baby potatoes, and carrots cooked perfectly with this Pot Roast, and the maple glaze added amazing flavor to the vegetables.
I did use CK Mondavi and Family Chardonnay as one of my ingredients in the glaze, so of course, I recommend pairing this Maple Glazed Pot Roast with the open bottle of Chardonnay, but it would also pair nicely with a Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
The glaze is easy to make, and the pot roast is ready in just about an hour. I did season and sear each side of the pot roast to lock in those flavors before tossing it in the oven. It’s a small step and only takes a few extra minutes, and it’s worth it!
Now, are you ready for dinner? Good, here is my Maple Glazed Pot Roast Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
How To Make A Tender & Flavorful Maple Glazed Pot Roast
- 2 1/2 lbs pot roast
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 lb of baby potatoes cut in half
- 1 lb brussels sprouts cut in half
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons CK Mondavi and Family Chardonnay
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard dijon would be okay too
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour olive oil in large pan, heat.
- Place roast in pan, season the side that is up, sear for 2 minutes, then flip the roast and season the other side.
- Place beef in roasting pan.
- Add vegetables to the roasting pan, cover and roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in sauce pan over medium heat combine syrup, wine, mustard, and butter.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stir constantly, and cook until thickened about 10-15 minutes. *Glaze can easily burn, be sure to watch it carefully those last few minutes.
- After 20 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Brush roast with glaze during these last 35-45 minutes (every 10-15 minutes), flipping the roast once.
- Cook roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of beef registers 140 degrees for medium-rare, 35-45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite CK Mondavi and Family wine.
Do you make roasts regularly? Are they are a family staple for you? Or do you make them just around the holidays? Either way, I hope you try this Maple Glazed Pot Roast recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. I know the Mondavi family enjoys a good roast too, I wonder what their favorite recipe is?!
What is one of your favorite Roast Recipes?
Looking for more CK Mondavi and Family wine-inspired recipes?