This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Love Snickerdoodle cookies but want to reduce the sugar? Look no further! This Reduced Sugar Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe has half the sugar, but all the flavor. Enjoy these Soft, Scrumptious, Reduced Sugar Snickerdoodles. While this post is sponsored by Tampico Beverages, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Soft, Scrumptious, Reduced Sugar Snickerdoodles
Do you like cookies? Oh, I have a sweet tooth! My challenge is always creating treats that still satisfy my sweet tooth, but aren’t loaded with sugar. And with baking season here, you can imagine I run into this on a regular basis! One of my husband’s absolutely favorite cookies is Snickerdoodles, and I have never made them before because the recipe calls for so much sugar. So, I got creative in the kitchen today and came up with a soft and yummy Snickerdoodle recipe that has half the sugar you will see in other recipes.
I reduced the sugar and added applesauce, and I only used one egg and added Tampico’s Apple Punch juice drink…for an extra apple punch. If you love Snickerdoodle cookies too, be sure to give this recipe a try. It’s perfect for cookie swaps or sharing with friends and family, as it makes about 30 cookies. That is if you have any left after your family gets ahold of them 😉
I had everything I needed to make these Reduced-Sugar Snickerdoodles right in my pantry and refrigerator, if you don’t have Tampico Apple Punch in your refrigerator too, keep a look out for it in stores as it’s perfect for the Holiday’s!
Now, here is my Soft, Scrumptious, Reduced-Sugar Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Soft, Scrumptious, Reduced-Sugar Snickerdoodles
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Tampico Apple Punch
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or line three baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt.
- Mix the butter, 3/4 cup sugar, egg, vanilla, and Tampico Apple Punch in a large bowl (or your mixing bowl) until creamy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until combined.
- In a small bowl mix the 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon and set aside.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls using the palms of your hands. *If the dough is too "sticky" to roll, just use a spoon scoop out the dough.
- Roll dough the cinnamon-sugar mixture until coated and place onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 11 to 12 minutes, cookies will look puffy when done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
I hope you enjoy these Soft, Scrumptious, Reduced Sugar Snickerdoodles as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite cookie recipes?