This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Looking for an easy breakfast idea that tastes great? Croffles are ready in minutes and I have 15 croffle toppings for you to try! While this post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
How To Make Croffles + 15 Delicious Croffle Toppings
Breakfast. The most important meal of the day. But also sometimes the most complicated! I mean, there are only so many days in a row that the kids will eat the same cereal or eat a toasted bagel. Sometimes I am lucky and they will ask for a fruit breakfast wrap, and I actually have the ingredients on hand. But, the mornings where I have about 5 minutes to spare, I like to make croffles.
Really only 5 minutes?
YES AND YES!
Croffles are a fun mix of croissant rolls and waffles. In fact, a croffle is simply a croissant roll cooked in a waffle maker. Yep, that’s it! Well, you can sprinkle them in some sugar before baking, but really folks…that’s it! And the result is delicious! Whoever thought of this trend is genius! I used our cute little XO Dash Waffle Maker, but you can use any size or style you would like.
So, the fun part is, I can make croffles even during the week for the kids before school and it only takes me a few minutes. They love ’em and feel like I am spoiling them. I serve them up with a glass of milk and a side of fruit and they have a complete meal. #momwin
Now that you know how insanely easy it is to make croffles, let’s talk about croffle toppings!
15 Croffle Toppings To Try
- Homemade Whipped Cream – need I say more here? I mean, is there many things better than homemade whipped cream? Not sure how to make it? Scroll down for the easy recipe.
- Homemade Whipped Cream and fresh fruit
- Homemade Whipped Cream and nutella
- Yogurt and fresh fruit
- Chocolate drizzle and/or chocolate candies
- Peanut Butter and chocolate
- Chocolate drizzle and/or candies with bacon crumbles
- Chocolate drizzle and/or chocolate candies with fresh fruit
- Chicken and Sriracha
- Your favorite ice cream
- Egg and Shredded cheese
- Avocado slices and jalapeño
- Maple syrup
- Butter, cinnamon and brown sugar
- Butter and honey
If you are planning a brunch, or maybe just a relaxed weekend morning at home, you could easily make a Croffle Bar!
To Make A Croffle Bar:
- Make your croffles
- Place them in the oven on warm while you get your toppings ready
- Put all your favorite topping ideas out
- Let everyone create their favorite croffle combinations! And don’t forget the milk! Be sure to have plenty of ice cold milk available to serve with your croffles. There’s not much better than washing down your deliciously sweet treat with a glass of Florida Milk. If you want to get a little fancy, try this Whipped Chocolate Milk.
Ok, now that’s you all are sufficiently hungry let’s make those croffles and homemade whipped cream shall we?
Croffles with Homemade Whipping Cream
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Open the container of crescent rolls and roll the dough into crescent shapes
- Place the rolled dough on the waffle maker and cook until cooked throughout
Homemade Whipped Cream
- Place your metal mixing bowl in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes before making the whipped cream
- When ready, add the heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract to the bowl
- Begin mixing on low and gradually increase the speed
- Continue to mix until peaks start to form. It will be thicker (like cool whip).
- Top your croffles with your favorite dairylicious toppings, like this homemade whipped cream!