This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Made with fresh blueberries, this frozen blueberry pie will surely impress friends and family. Prepped in 30 minutes, it’s also easy to make. Oh, and it’s healthy!
How To Make The Best Frozen Blueberry Yogurt Tart
It’s almost blueberry season here in Florida and what better way to celebrate than with an easy blueberry dessert recipe?! Florida blueberry season typically starts around mid-March and it will last until the end of May. Look for Florida New Crop Blueberries, they are my favorite, you can typically start seeing them in store by the end of February! So, you have enough time to make this frozen blueberry yogurt pie a few times! This Frozen Blueberry Yogurt Tart is prepped in under 30 minutes and ready to serve in about 2 hours. You gotta give it some time to freeze 😉
What I love about this blueberry dessert recipe is that not only is it a pretty healthy dessert option, but that it only has 6 ingredients! Plus, it looks awfully fancy when you serve it. I love that tart pan! It’s still easy to use and I love the little rippled edges.
Did you know that blueberries are ranked the #1 fruit in the world of antioxidants? Those little blue berries are powerhouses of nutrition! They have countless nutrients with numerous values and functions, one of them being that they can make you happy when you eat them. Blueberries act as natural anti-depressants by keeping the mind sharp and the body fit.
Blueberries are also loaded with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, B complex and several minerals that boost immunity and can help prevent infections. That’s just one of the many reasons you will find so many blueberry recipes here on the site! From smoothies to BBQ sauce to pizza….
So, while you are enjoying this Easy Frozen Yogurt Blueberry Tart, you are also reaping the many health benefits of blueberries.
Blueberry Yogurt Tart Key Ingredients:
- Whipped Topping
- Graham Crackers
This Frozen Blueberry Tart makes about 8 servings, so if you end up with leftovers…even though I doubt you will…simply toss it back into the freezer. I recommend covering it with freezer wrap and putting the pieces in a ziploc bag or freezer container. You can leave the leftovers in the freezer for about 2 months. But again, I am thinking that you are your family will eat it long before that!
Can you use a pie pan instead of a tart pan?
Absolutely! I like using the tart pan because it was easy to get out and serve. But you could definitely use a regular pie pan…just make sure it’s freezer safe. When you are ready to serve, use a pie server to cut and serve. Then you will have a blueberry frozen yogurt pie 🙂
What’s the difference between a tart and a pie?
Well, in this case, it’s simply the pan you choose to use to make your tasty blueberry dessert!
So, are you ready to make a delicious frozen blueberry yogurt pie?
Frozen Bueberry Yogurt Tart
- 1 Tart Pan
- 8 oz lite cool whip or other brand whipped topping thawed
- 18 oz low fat blueberry yogurt
- 2 cups finely crushed low fat graham crackers 2 sleeves
- 1 stick butter
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Crush graham crackers in a blender or food processor. If you don't have a blender handy, you can place the grahams in a ziploc bag and roll with a rolling pin or pound with a meat tenderizer. 2 packages of graham crackers make 2 cups.
- Melt butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together graham crumbs and melted butter.
- Firmly press graham mixture into tart pan, making sure to press up the sides as well.
- Bake graham crust at 350° for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend yogurt and whipped topping until creamy and smooth.
- Spread yogurt filling into tart pan.
- Freeze yogurt tart for 2 hours.
- When it's time to serve, allow 10-20 minutes thaw time depending on the ambient temperature.
- Prep a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper. Carefully and gently lift tart away from the pan by pressing the bottom movable piece. An extra set of hands is helpful.
- Place the tart on the parchment covered surface and decorate the tart with fresh blueberries and set aside graham crumbs.
- Cut on the diagonal for extra pizzazz.
- Keep leftovers in the refrigerator or refreeze.
I hope you enjoy this Frozen Blueberry Yogurt Pie as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite blueberry desserts?
Check out all the recipes on Food Wine Sunshine and follow on me Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more FOOD WINE AND SUNSHINE.