This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Up your pizza game with this Sweet and Spicy Tangerine Chicken Pizza. Made with naan flatbread, sweet tangerines, a spicy ricotta mixture, and topped with chicken and a balsamic reduction this will be your favorite Pizza Night! While this post is sponsored by Noble Citrus, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Sweet & Spicy Tangerine Chicken Pizza
Yep, you read that right. Sweet Spicy. Tangerine. Chicken. All on a pizza. Well, technically a naan flatbread. Because let’s be honest, when am I going to find the time to make pizza dough from scratch. One day I guess….my sister-in-law has a killer pizza dough recipe…maybe when I pull the trigger and buy one of those cool Ooni pizza makers I’ll make it from scratch. Maybe. Maybe not. Ok, that’s all a bit off topic…so let’s get back to my killer pizza recipe shall we??
I love spicy food. My whole family does. I think we have about 10-15 hot sauce readily available at all times. And I don’t think there’s many recipes I make that I don’t add red pepper flakes (Flat Iron are the best in my opinion) to, I think my family would be disappointed if I didn’t!
I also love sweets. That’s why I love Juicy Crunch tangerines. They not only tackle my killer sweet tooth, but they are a lot better for me than a candy bar 😉
So, when I was looking at my 4 Juicy Crunch Tangerines on the counter and trying to figure out what to make for dinner, I decided pizza was in order. And not just any pizza. One that’ll make your mouth water.
Just think about it….
Spicy ricotta cheese mixture layered on top of a naan flatbread
Topped with sweet tangerine slices and chicken
Then drizzle on a tangerine balsamic reduction
Bake until hot and bubbly
The ricotta cheese mixture is the perfect creamy texture. Adding the red pepper flakes to the cheese mixture ensures that every bite you take will have a bit of heat. Which is perfect, since each bite will also have a touch of sweetness thanks to those Juicy Crunch tangerines and the balsamic reduction. The sliced chicken adds in some needed protein and balances out the sweet and spicy. I suppose you could leave the chicken off if you wanted to or try it with steak, but then you wouldn’t really have a Sweet and Spicy Chicken Pizza then would you??
Alright, well, I’m officially hungry so before I head off to pour a glass of Sauvignon Blanc (which will pair perfectly with this pizza) or make a fun cocktail, let’s get to my Sweet and Spicy Tangerine Chicken Pizza recipe.
Sweet & Spicy Tangerine Pizza
- Cookie/Baking Sheet
- 2 store bought naan flatbreads My package had 2 in it
- 1 Juicy Crunch Tangerine peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken I used baked leftovers from the night before. Rotisserie chicken would also be great!
- ½ cup part skim ricotta
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
Tangerine Balsamic Reduction
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup Juicy Crunch Tangerine cut into small segments
- 1 tbsp honey
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spraying baking sheet with cooking spray or olive oil
- Place the naan flatbreads on the sheet and bake for approximately 5 mins
- While the flatbreads are baking, make the cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl mix the ricotta, parmesan and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Tangerine Balsamic Reduction
- In a small sauce pan add the balsamic vinegar, tangerine segments, honey and salt.
- Heat over medium heat until liquid reduces into about half.
- Once ready, strain out (or use a spoon) the tangerine segments and set aside. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Once the flatbread has cooked for about 5 mins, remove it from the oven and spread on the spicy ricotta cheese mixture.
- Layer on the tangerine slices and chicken.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the edges of the pizza start to brown and all the ingredients are heated.
- Drizzle on tangerine balsamic reduction.