Enjoy this low-fat Southwest Chicken Recipe with your family. This slow cooker recipe is easy to prep and can be made into a Freezer to Crockpot meal.
Southwest Chicken Recipe – Freezer to Crockpot Meal
I love an easy dinner. A dinner that is light, delicious, and one that I can just toss in the crockpot. This Southwest Chicken Recipe is just that. You can easily toss it in the slow cooker before you head out the door in the morning, or make it a freezer to crockpot meal. Freezer to crockpot meals are nice because they allow you to plan ahead and make for a really easy morning 🙂
When chicken is on sale, it’s the perfect time to stock up and make a few freezer to crockpot meals, I checked out my Flipp app and noticed that Chicken Breasts were on sale for just $3 a pound at Winn Dixie, so that’s exactly what I did!
I grabbed extra chicken, grabbed my neighbor, and we worked together to prep a couple of these Southwest Chicken Freezer to Crockpot meals so we both had a few dinners ready to go for our families when we needed them 🙂
Here is my Southwest Chicken Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 3-4 chicken breasts – approx 1.5 – 2 lbs
- 1 can of southwest or fiesta corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 16oz jar of salsa
- 8oz reduced fat cream cheese
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes
- Add all the ingredients into a large freezer ziploc bag
- Place in freezer until ready for use
- When ready for use thaw the night before and place in slow cooker for 6-8 hours on low
- About 30 minutes before the meal is going to be served remove and shred the chicken and place back in the slow cooker so that the chicken is nice and juicy
- Serve over rice or in tortillas
I hope you and your family enjoy this Southwest Chicken Crockpot Recipe as much as we do!
I know I mentioned I noticed that chicken was on sale with my Flipp app, if you haven’t checked out Flipp yet, I highly recommend it.
It’s very easy to use, let’s you check out the sales in your area, AND you make your grocery list right in the app!
Read more about the Flipp app and my 6 Easy Ways to Save on Grocery Shopping. In fact, be sure to check out Flipp on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with all the FUN ways to help you save time and money.