This easy slow cooker pulled pork just requires a few ingredients and is prepped in about 5 minutes. This pulled pork slow cooks all day and leaves you with a delicious and easy dinner meal. Disclosure: I am a proud Stubb’s BAR-B-Q Insider. I received the products for my recipe. No additional compensation was received. All BBQ loving opinions and the recipe are my own!
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Pulled Pork is one of the easiest meals I think you can make. Prep time is just minutes and then you let that delicious piece of pork get all tender and full of flavor in the slow cooker all day. Shred, apply your favorite barbecue sauce and TA-DA, dinner is ready to be enjoyed. Pulled Pork is one of those recipes that is great for sharing too, so invite some friends and family over and make this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork!
You only need a few ingredients to make Stubb’s Slow Cooker Pulled Pork in the crock pot:
- Stubb’s BAR-B-Q Pork Spice Rub
- Your favorite Stubb’s BAR-B-Q Sauce
Could it get much easier?? I don’t think so! I used Pork Shoulder for my Pulled Pork, because that is what was on sale at Winn-Dixie 🙂
Once you have your slow cooker out, you toss the diced onions on the bottom, then put the pork in, heavily coat the pork with the Pork Spice Rub and then let the slow cooker do the rest! I didn’t add in any liquid, but if you are fearful it may dry out, you can pour in a bit of beef or chicken broth. Just put in enough to cover the bottom of the slow cooker.
In about 6 hours your pork will be tender and ready to “pull”, then you pour on the extra flavor of the Stubb’s BAR-B-Q sauce.
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it!
Okay, let me share my Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe with you all, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again…because you’ll want to 😉
Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs pork tenderlion, shoulder, butt or whatever cut you prefer
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tbsp Stubb's BAR-B-Q Pork Spice Rub
- Your favorite BBQ sauce we used Stubb's
- Place the diced onion of the bottom of the slow cooker, feel free to save a few to sprinkle on top of the pork as well
- Put the pork in the slow cooker
- Shake on some flavor with Stubb's BAR-B-Q Pork Spice Rub - don't be shy - be generous!
- Cook for 6 hrs or until tender
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and using two forks, shred the meat into small pieces
- If there is extra "juices" in the slow cooker, feel free to drain some out
- Place the pulled pork back into the slow cooker
- Pour on your BBQ Sauce, we used Stubb's Sweet Heat - pour on enough to make sure all the meat is coated thoroughly
- Put the cover back on the slow cooker and let the flavors all marinate together for at least 30 minutes
- Serve on your favorite buns, slider rolls or even nachos
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe as much as we do!
I served our sandwiches with a crisp salad and corn. If the store wasn’t out of broccoli slaw, I would have made my Mango Coleslaw!
If you end up with leftover Pulled Pork, I recommend making these BBQ Chicken Pockets.