This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This slow cooker baked ziti is an easy dinner idea. Prepped in just 15 minutes, this ziti recipe slow cooks for 4 hours. Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Baked Ziti is one of my family’s favorite meals. It’s one of those meals that always has everyone asking for seconds. Plus, it’s easy to make 😉 So how could I possibly make this family favorite meal any more delicious and easy to make? I made it with the new RAGÚ® Homestyle sauce.
Have you seen Ragu Homestyle Sauce in stores yet? I grabbed the Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce at Target last week for my ziti. The Homestyle sauce is Ragu’s thickest sauce and it has the boldest flavor yet.
Ragu peels, chops and simmers their ingredients and use a special blend of herbs (basil, fennel, oregano and black pepper) to layer and build the flavor. Plus, there are no artificial flavors, artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup.
Since I tried something new with my Baked Ziti this time around, I really wanted to make sure I used a sauce that was full of flavor and wouldn’t leave my family disappointed in the taste. I made my ziti in the crockpot!
I have never made pasta in the slow cooker before, but with busy weeknights, crock pots sure make my dinner time easier. So my fear was that since the noodles were going into the crockpot uncooked and it would be sitting for 3-4 hrs in there, that the flavor wouldn’t be as bold as if I just baked it for the 30 minutes. That’s why I grabbed for Ragu Homestyle Sauces. I needed that thick, deliciousness in the sauce. I needed to know that Ragu took the extra time to chop, peel and simmer all the ingredients that I didn’t have time too.
My Crockpot Baked Ziti was a hit with my family, one of our family favorite’s with a little twist to make mommy’s day a bit easier 🙂
Now, here is my Crock Pot Baked Ziti Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
- 1½ lbs lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 6 oz Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 jars your favorite pasta sauce I used Ragu Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 22 oz uncooked ziti noodles about 1 box and 6 oz.
- 30 oz part skim ricotta
- 1 egg
- Saute the onion in a large pan
- Add in the beef to the same pan, cook the beef thoroughly (drain if needed)
- Pour pasta sauce into the pan with the beef, stir well and reduce heat to low
- In a medium bowl mix the ricotta and egg
- Spoon enough of the sauce mixture on the bottom of the crockpot so that the bottom is easily covered
- Spread a layer of ricotta cheese over the sauce
- Sprinkle on a layer of the shredded cheese
- Add a layer of noodles
- Add a layer of sauce mixture over the pasta
- Repeat the layers until you have used all the ingredients *I had 2 layers of everything
- Be sure to save a bit of the shredded cheese for the top
- Place the cover on the crock pot and cook on high for 3.5 - 4 hours or until the pasta is cooked through
- Avoid removing the cover of the crock pot during the cooking time
I hope you enjoy this Easy Slow Cooker Baked Ziti as much as my family does!
What is one of your family’s favorite pasta recipes that you think RAGU Homestyle sauce would be a great addition in? Need some inspiration? Check out these recipes.
Looking for another delicious meal idea? Check out this Traditional Lasagna, it’s another one of my family’s favorite meals.
Thank you to Ragu for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me pass on my family traditions.