Tis’ the season for Pumpkin. Enjoy this Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe at your next family gathering. These Pumpkin Dinner Rolls are absolutely delicious and made from scratch!
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe
Fall is the time to enjoy all our favorite seasonal flavors. And pumpkin is always on the top of that list. I usually think of pumpkin in desserts, so I wanted to make something a bit different. Pumpkin Dinner Rolls. They are made from scratch, the rise time is only about 2 hours, and they have just a touch of sweetness to them that make them perfect for any dinner.
If you know me, you know I am not much of a baker. I will make the occasional cupcake or cake, but I am much more comfortable in the kitchen when it comes to slicing, dicing, sauteing, and using the crockpot. That being said, if I can make these delicious Pumpkin Rolls, you can too! Once the dough is made (pictured above) you let it rise for at least an hour and it has doubled in size.
Once the dough has risen, you take it out of the bowl, cut it in half, then you cut in 2-3 squares or circles (whichever shape you would like your rolls in) and place them on a greased cookie sheet for another 45 minutes or so. You will find that the rolls with rise again.
Then you can let the baking begin! And be prepared, because your house is going to smell absolutely amazing 🙂
This recipe for Pumpkin Dinner Rolls will make about 30 rolls, so it’s great for a family gathering, like Thanksgiving or Christmas! You can also freeze any leftovers, or reduce the recipe size to make less if you prefer.
I actually had all the ingredients for this recipe right in my pantry, I love it when that happens 🙂 If you have a can of Pumpkin Puree in your pantry, I bet you have the rest of the ingredients too! I love cooking with cans, it makes for cooking and baking a LOT easier when I don’t have to worry about what ingredients may still be ready-to-use in my crisper drawer in the refrigerator.
Here is my Pumpkin Dinner Rolls Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Pumpkin Dinner Dolls with Honey Butter
- 5 cups better for bread flour
- 15 oz pure pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup 2% milk, scalded
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp allspice
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 packages active dry yeast (1/2 ounces)
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp water
- 1 cup soften salted butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ tsp salt
- Pour hot milk in a mixing bowl, add butter and stir to melt.
- Add sugars, pumpkin puree, and salt to the milk and mix well.
- In a separate small bowl, put yeast in with lukewarm water and a teaspoon sugar.
- When the yeast gets foamy, add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Add the egg, mix well.
- Slowly add in flour and mix with a wooden spoon or in your mixer (using the bread hook) until well combined. *The dough will be sticky. If using a mixer, the dough will pull itself from the side of the bowl.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and put it on your counter or a wooden board dusted with a little flour.
- Knead with your hand for 1 minute.
- Form the dough into a ball shape, place in a greased bowl and cover with a cloth.
- Let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in volume, about 1 hr.
- Punch the dough to deflate and knead it for a few seconds on a wooden board or your counter. Cut the dough in half.
- Cut each half into equal pieces. *You will get about 15 pieces per half
- Roll each piece into a ball shape with your hand if you want them round. *I left some of mine square
- Place them, 2" apart, on a baking pan or greased cookie sheet and let them rise again, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. *Start checking regularly at 10 min mark, you don't want them to brown too much. The bottom should be a nice golden brown.
- Brush the rolls with a little honey diluted with water last 1-2 mins.
- Serve with honey butter.
- Mix the water and honey.
- Mix together ingredients and serve with rolls
- Refrigerate or freeze leftovers
I hope you enjoy these Pumpkin Dinner Rolls with your family this season! I know we are!
Looking for another delicious Pumpkin Recipe to celebrate the season? Check out my Pumpkin Angel Food Cake.
Looking for more delicious pumpkin recipes?