This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Serve this savory Pumpkin and Bacon Dip Appetizer at your next gathering and have your guests begging for more. How to make a Divining Pumpkin and Bacon Dip. While this post is sponsored. All opinions and the recipe are my own.
Delicious Pumpkin and Bacon Dip Appetizer
I have a delicious appetizer recipe for you all today that is a bit of a twist on the typical Pumpkin Dip recipes that you see everywhere. I’m not saying I don’t like sweet, in fact, you will find my Sweet Pumpkin Dip Recipe on the blog too, but sometimes you need to spice it up a bit! I love a bit of heat in my recipes and who doesn’t love bacon?!
Now that it’s Fall and I know most people’s entertainment calendar seems to explode this time of year, I wanted to share a delicious appetizer that is not only easy to make, but festive! And, if you look in your pantry, you may already have several of these ingredients on hand already. The pumpkin in this dip gives it that warm Fall color, and the bacon, spices, and Chardonnay give it a flavor that will leave your guests coming back for more.
This Pumpkin and Bacon Dip Recipe can be served warm or cold, but I personally prefer it warm. I recommend pairing it with the Chardonnay you used in the recipe.
Now, here is my Divining Pumpkin and Bacon Dip Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Savory Pumpkin and Bacon Dip Appetizer
- 3 tbsp Chardonnay
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon - cooked and crumbled/chopped
- 1 tbsp diced green onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp few shakes cumin
- 1/4 tsp few shakes chili power
- 1/4 tsp few shakes garlic powder
- ½ - 1 tsp red pepper flakes - depending on how spicy you want it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl
- Stir to blend well
- Adjust seasonings as desired
- Place dip in an oven-proof dish
- Bake for 10 minutes or until dip is heated through
- Serve with baguette or your favorite crackers
I hope you and your guests enjoy this Pumpkin and Bacon Dip Appetizer Recipe as much as we do!
You will notice that I used Chardonnay in this appetizer recipe, and I did that for two reasons:
- I love wine
- It gives it an extra punch of flavor