This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
The products in the post are sponsored by Sweet Creations, all opinions are 100% my own!
Molasses Cookies Recipe #SweetCreations
I told you guys that we had some fun baking this past weekend and when I was deciding what cookies to bake, I really wanted to make Molasses Cookies. It is one recipe that my grandmas used to make all the time. You don’t see Molasses Cookies much anymore, so I wanted to share this one…they are delicious!
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup hot water
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In mixing bowl stir the water and baking soda until dissolved
- Add in molasses and stir
- In separate mixing bowl (or bowl for your mixer) mix together the shortening and sugar
- Add egg to sugar mixture – mix
- In separate mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients
- Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients mixture and the molasses mixture to the sugar mixture
- Mix for approx 30 seconds – 1 minute
- Add in remaining dry ingredients
- Mix well
- Cover and Chill for at least 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart
- Place a pinch of sugar on top of each cookie
- Bake for 12 minutes
These are the Sweet Creations products I used in this recipe:
- Stainless Steel Cookie Dropper
- Mixing Bowl 3pc Set
- Hi-Temp Spatula, with Measurement Markings
- Large Cookie Sheets
- Flex Cookie Turner
I received the products listed above for review to make this fun recipe to share with you guys from the folks at Sweet Creations. All opinions are 100% my own!
Looking for more Holiday Baking Recipes?