This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
A frittita is an easy breakfast recipe! Ready in under 20 minutes, learn How To Make A Frittata and serve it for breakfast or brunch today. This post is sponsored by Sivan Social. All comments and opinions are my own.
How To Make A Frittata
A frittata is one of those menu items that sounds fancy, but it really isn’t. A frittata is actually really easy to make, super easy to customize, and you can actually make it in a variety of ways. So, if you are looking for an easy breakfast recipe, lunch idea, or “brinner” recipe, make a frittata. You can’t go wrong!
What exactly is a frittata? Think of a crust-less quiche.
Key Ingredients To Make A Frittata
I mean, really, you could get away with making a plain egg frittata but it may be a little boring.
I love adding fresh veggies and a little meat to my frittatas. For this frittata recipe I used:
- Mini Sweet Peppers – you could substitute a regular bell pepper
- Sweet Onion
- Steak – I had it leftover from dinner the day before, you can use any protein that you would like. BACON! Or leave it off for a meat-free frittata.
- CHEESE! You can definitely top your frittata with cheese…and a lot of it.
Why I love making frittatas:
- They are EASY.
- I can use whatever veggies and protein I have in the refrigerator.
- They are pretty inexpensive to make.
- They look fancy when you serve a slice.
- Hellmann’s Creamy Sriracha Sauce is the perfect topping.
Well, Hellmann’s Creamy Sriracha Dip and Sauce is delicious on a lot of things, like my Chicken Fried Rice or my Egg Roll In A Bowl. But it’s a simple addition to your simple frittata that will really take your frittata to the next level. Plus, who doesn’t like creamy sriracha sauce?!
How do you make a frittata:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the vegetables that you will be using – wash, dry, dice.
- Dice cooked meat.
- Heat a small amount of oil over medium heat in cast iron skillet or similar skillet that is oven safe.
- Saute your vegetables.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add in the cooked meat.
- Crack eggs into a medium size bowl, scramble with fork.
- Pour eggs into the skillet.
- Allow egg mixture to cook for about a minute, then place in the oven.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until eggs are cooked throughout.
- Slice, serve, top with Hellmann’s Creamy Sriracha Sauce.
Do you have to bake a frittata?
Nope! When I don’t feel like warming up the oven, I follow the directions as listed above but instead of putting it in the oven, I cover the skillet with a lid and allow the egg mixture to cook until done. About 5-10 minutes depending how big your frittata is.
We love a little flavor in most of our meals, that’s why I like using Hellmann’s Creamy Sriracha Sauce on my frittatas. I saw it when I was at Publix this week, and then I noticed there was a coupon as part of the Family Celebrations promotion, so I had to get it.
Have you seen the coupons available for the Publix Family Celebrations promotion? There are $35 worth of coupons can be found and printed at GetTheSavings.com/Family-Celebrations or in the Family Celebrations booklet available at your local Florida Publix store.
You can scan, print and redeem the offers at Publix. All the coupons are valid from 9/4 – 10/2, including the one I used for $1.50 off 1 9oz Hellmann’s Sauce.
If you live in Florida like me, keep an eye out for your Valpak envelope which contains more details on the Publix Family Celebrations promotion.
Ok, now onto my Easy Frittata Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 7 eggs
- ½ medium sweet onion diced
- 3 mini sweet peppers diced
- ½ tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- ½ cup diced steak cooked
- 1 tsp all purpose seasoning I used DUST by VooDoo Chef
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Crack the eggs into a small-medium size bowl. Whisk/Scramble well with a fork. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a oven-safe skillet. I used a 10' cast iron skillet.
- Add in the onions and peppers.
- Sauté until they start to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the diced pre-cooked steak. Cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle on the seasoning. Stir well.
- Pour in the eggs.
- Allow to cook for approximately one minute, you will see the eggs start to form to the side.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and cook for approximately 7 minutes or until eggs are thoroughly cooked.
- BE CAREFUL when removing the skillet from the oven! It WILL BE HOT!
- Slice and top with Hellmann's Creamy Sriracha Sauce right before serving.