This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Salmon and Strawberry Salad
It’s not secret that I love salmon. I order it fresh from Anderson Seafoods, it’s the best salmon I have EVER had. My husband and I eat it about once a week, and 95% of the time we bake it. But this past week we tried grilling it, and adding to a simply fresh simply. It was DELICIOUS! In fact, we have already made it twice 🙂
Now, it can be a bit tricky to grill fish, as it usually flakes when you cook it, so you can do a few things:
- Put it on foil when on the grill
- Use a cedar board
- VERY carefully put it directly on the grill, and only flip once
We have done placed it directly on the grill and used foil. When you use the foil, you don’t get the nice “char” that you would normally get from the grates of the grill, but it was still good. My preference is definitely directly on the grill, the result is crispy and just that grilled texture that we all love. Putting it directly on the grates is trickier though, make sure to don’t lose any of the fish through the openings!
Now, here’s the recipe for this deliciously nutritious Grilled Salmon and Strawberry Salad.
- 2 fillets of Salmon – I get mine from Anderson Seafoods
- Mixed greens
- Crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh strawberries – quartered
- Candied walnuts – make your own or buy ready-made
- Cherry vinaigrette – or something similar
- Salt, pepper, and butter for seasoning the salmon
- Ingredients for candied walnuts
- 1 bag chopped walnuts – I bought the 4 oz bag, this was plenty for 3-4 salads
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper
- Grill salmon until cooked throughout
- Right before taking it off the grill, lightly brush a butter compound or melted butter of the fillets
- Prepare your salad with greens, strawberries, cheese, and the candied walnuts
- Top with salmon and dressing
- Put the butter in a pan
- Once butter starts to melt, add in the sugar and walnuts
- Stir constantly
- You will see the walnuts start to darken by the sugar coating
- Remove from heat and place on wax paper and spread them out immediately, they will stick to each other
- Once cooled, enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this Grilled Salmon and Strawberry Salad as much as we do!
I love that the salad can be customized to your liking, add as much or as little of the toppings as you would like! The flavors all work together beautifully, a bit of sweet, a bit of savory, and a bit of saltiness make this a salad that you will be making again and again.
Have you ever made a salmon salad? What are your favorite ingredients in it?
Looking for more Salmon recipes? Try these:
Looking for another flavorful salad recipe? Try these:
In fact, find Food Wine Sunshine and Cooking on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Google + and check out all my delicious recipes.
15 thoughts on “Grilled Salmon and Strawberry Salad”
I’ve put all kinds of protein in a salad, but never thought of salmon. This sounds delicious and I want to make it!!!
I also never thought of putting salmon in a salad. I love salmon and will try this.
I would eat it if I but the strawberry’s on the side?
I gotta say, it’s not often that I print recipes, but your grilled salmon/strawb. salad looks fantastic and had my mouth watering. Salmon is a fave at our house, too!
My hubby loves salmon and I look forward to surprising him with your yummy salmon and strawberry salad. Looks so good, healthy and easy to make!
Love the choice of veg.I have been eating canned Mackerel.Would be good in salad as well!
Salmon is really the only fish I’ll eat and this recipe looks really good!
Hmm salmon and strawberry is a new combination for me but this does look very appetizing!
It is delicious – I promise!!
I would sub chicken or a white fish.Can’t eat salmon since seeing them spawn when I was in grade 7.
What a healthy fresh salad this is, pure protein and vitamins.
Thanks for sharing this recipe 🙂 It looks delicious
I’d love to try the Grilled Salmon and Strawberry Salad. It sounds delicious!
Love to try it