This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Add a little zing to your morning with this easy and delicious Green Chile and Egg Breakfast Casserole. Grab the easy recipe and make this breakfast casserole recipe this weekend!
Green Chile and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is the meal that gets your body going and ready to face the day. While I start the weekdays with a smoothie, I love to cook up something fun for my family and friends on the weekend. And this past weekend I kicked it up a notch with green chiles. Not too spicy, but full of flavor.
This Green Chile and Egg Breakfast Casserole takes under 10 minutes to prep and one hour in the oven. Which was the perfect way to start our Sunday morning. I came downstairs, started my coffee and had the “adult breakfast” in the oven before the kids even woke up and were ready for Pancake Sunday to commence!
I love that this Green Chile and Egg Casserole has minimal ingredients too, many of which you probably already have on hand. You will need a can of green chiles, frozen hash browns, shredded cheese, eggs, flour, milk, and Stubb’s Green Chile Anytime Sauce and that’s it! Layer the main ingredients and you will have a delicious breakfast underway.
When you think Green Chile, you may think that this breakfast casserole is spicy, I assure you that it isn’t! I used Stubb’s Green Chile Anytime Sauce in it, and sauce is the flavorful mix of Hatch green chiles, garlic, and lime will give a true Southwest flavor.
Now, here’s my Green Chile and Egg Breakfast Casserole Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Green Chile Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- 2 cups frozen hashbrowns
- 8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4.5 oz chopped green chiles 1 small can
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tbsp flour
- ½ cup milk I used skim
- ¼ cup Stubb's Green Chile Anytime Sauce
- cooking spray or butter for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray or butter an 8x8 baking dish
- Put hashbrowns on the bottom of the baking dish
- Layer 4 oz of shredded cheese
- Layer the can of chiles on top of the cheese
- Layer on the remainder of the shredded cheese
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, flour, milk, and Stubb's Green Chile Anytime Sauce
- Pour the egg mixture on top of layer of the last layer of shredded cheese
- Bake for one hour uncovered or until center is firm and you can insert a knife and it comes out clean
I hope you enjoy this Green Chile and Egg Breakfast Casserole as much as we do!
Stubb’s Green Chile Anytime Sauce makes cooking at home delicious and easy by providing options for adding more flavor to meals. Here are a few ideas on how to use up the rest of the bottle:
- Marinate any cut of meat for an hour or more
- Baste with fresh marinade during grilling or baking
- Dip grilled meats or veggies
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the fabulous folks at Stubb’s BAR-B-Q. I am a proud Stubb’s Insider.
Looking for more yummy breakfast recipes?
What are some of your favorite breakfast recipes?
Looking for more breakfast ideas?