This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Celebrate Halloween with all your favorite witches! Make this wickedly delicious Halloween cocktail, my Witches Brew Cocktail. Ready in just minutes, say Cheers this Halloween with this vodka cocktail.
How To Make The Best Witches Brew Cocktail
Halloween is coming and no matter how you celebrate, it’s always fun to make a celebratory cocktail! Each year we have our friends come over, we eat and chat while the kids go out trick-or-treating…..Well, actually this year they have decided that they may be too old for trick-or-treating so they may find a haunted house or two to check out. But, that still gives us the excuse to hang out with our friends. Everyone usually brings a dish to share and we play game and enjoy our adult beverages.
Now, you all know that I love a good glass of wine, but I decided that this year, a special Halloween cocktail was needed for me and my witches….errrrr….I mean friends 😉
To make my Witches Brew Cocktail I used blueberry juice to get that deep, spooky, Halloween cocktail color. I found it at Walmart, but if you have a hard time finding it, you can substitute cranberry juice, it just won’t be as dark. It will also give you a different flavor, but it will still look cool…promise!
I also used light apple juice, you can use regular apple juice if you prefer, but I don’t like my cocktails super sweet, so using the light variety cut that sweetness a tad.
To get your favorite sprinkles to stick to the rim, I made a sugar/water mixture, you could make a flavored simple syrup if you wanted to get super fancy, but I didn’t feel like it would give that much flavor to it, so I kept it simple. I actually used confectioners’ sugar, you simply mix a little confectioners’ sugar and water are together to coat the glass’s rim. I do this in a shallow bowl and then dip the glass in upside down to coat the rim. Have sprinkles ready to go in another shallow bowl or plate and dip the glass in… the sprinkles will stick!
You can also do a simple sugar rim…Use colored sugar if you have it for that extra Halloween-effect!
Witches Brew Vodka Cocktail Key Ingredients
I used vodka in the Halloween cocktail because I honestly think that vodka is one of the easiest mixers, but if you are not a vodka fan, feel free to use your favorite liquor. You can also make this drink a mocktail by leaving out the alcohol.
Wickedly easy, right? I know it! Ok, so let’s make a few cocktails shall we? My Witches Brow Cocktail recipe makes 4 cocktails, so it’s perfect for parties! If you want to double the recipe, just change the quantity of the recipe, it will adjust everything for you!
Witches Brew Cocktail
- 2 cups blueberry juice chilled
- 1 cup light apple juice chilled. I use the light variety to cut down of the sweetness of the cocktail.
- 3/4 cup vodka chilled
- 4 tbsp confections sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Sprinkles use Halloween-themed ones!
- Mix the blueberry juice and the apple juice. It will be the base of your Halloween cocktail, and you will get the bloody color you are looking for.
- Add the chilled vodka and stir well.
- Now you are going to decorate the glasses. Take two dishes bigger in diameter than the rim of the glasses you are using for the cocktails.
- Add sprinkles to one dish.
- Mix the confectioners sugar and water in the other dish.
- Place the glass over the dish with sugar water mixture and rotate it until the sugar mixture completely covers the rim. Repeat the action immediately in the sprinkles dish, so the sprinkles sticks to the rim.
- Pour your witchy creations into the prepared glasses and enjoy with friends.
I hope you enjoy this Witches Brew Cocktail as much as we do!
Looking for another amazing Fall cocktail? Try one of my Apple Cider Mules. Or my Boozy Pumpkin Milkshake.
Be sure to check out all the recipes on Food Wine Sunshine and follow on me Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more FOOD WINE AND SUNSHINE.