This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This Easy Winter Citrus Salad With Chicken is ready in under 30 minutes, is light, flavorful and absolutely delicious. Celebrate winter with fresh winter citrus. While this post is sponsored by Sprouts, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Winter Citrus Salad With Chicken
I L-O-V-E all the winter citrus that I am seeing in stores right now. Living in Florida I am pretty spoiled by having access to some of the most amazing citrus right in my own backyard…well, I don’t have the best green thumb, but you know what I mean 😉 I went to Sprouts last week to do some grocery shopping and I saw such a variety of winter citrus.
And seeing the variety of citrus when I walked into Sprouts definitely got my creative juices for meal planning flowing. I have always wanted to make a citrus salad…that fresh splash from the citrus paired with the crunch of greens and then the chicken…Yes, juicy chicken with perfectly cooked skin. We are talking perfection my friends! We’re talking about my Winter Citrus Salad with Chicken.
Oh, and the best part…you can have this incredible meal that I just described in about 30 minutes. Prep time is just minutes, as the only thing you have to prep is the winter citrus and make the marinade.
Speaking of winter citrus…which is your favorite? Here are a few of mine:
- Blood Oranges
- Navel Oranges
- Cara Cara Navel Oranges
- Key Limes
All of which you can find at Sprouts. Along with the chicken and spinach arugula mix you need for my Winter Citrus Chicken Salad.
Speaking of my Winter Citrus Salad with Chicken, here’s the main ingredients:
- Navel Orange
- Chicken thighs
- Orange juice
The marinade is made with the orange juice, honey and rosemary. Which makes it light yet flavorful, which makes it the perfect pairing to my Winter Citrus Salad.
Are you guys getting hungry yet? Good, let’s get to that recipe shall we?!
Winter Citrus Chicken
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. rosemary chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lb. skin on chicken thighs
Winter Citrus Salad Ingredients
- 1 navel orange peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1/2 pummelo peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 mandarins peeled and sliced into wedges
- ½ cup cilantro and tender stems chopped
- 1 lime
- 3 cups baby spinach and arugula mix
- Add orange juice, honey, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl stir well; add chicken.
- Place bowl in fridge and allow to marinate 30 minutes, or until ready to use.
- Heat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. (Alternatively, heat a gas grill to medium.)
- Remove chicken from marinade, and transfer to heated cast iron pan cook skin-side down, flipping once.
- Cook thoroughly, approximately 12–15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking prepare citrus and place the segments in a small bowl.
- Add cilantro and squeeze in juice from one lime. Stir well and set aside.
- Transfer chicken to a plate once cooked, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Place spinach and arugula mixture on plate, top with winter citrus salad and chicken.
- Garnish with additional winter citrus if desired.