This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet. A little spicy. Delicious. You need this peach jalapeno cornbread in your life! Grab the best peach and jalapeno cornbread recipe and let’s get cooking. While the post is sponsored by Florida Peaches, all opinions and my love of Florida peaches are my own.
Best Peach Jalapeno Cornbread
It’s here! It’s here! Florida Peach Season is officially HERE! I have been not-so patiently waiting for this day ever since the Florida Fruit and Vegetable Association tour when we visited a peach farm and I am so excited it’s HERE. Florida peaches are the juiciest, sweetest peaches you will ever have and they are in stores NOW. Florida peaches are in season for about 90 days typically starting at the end of March. This year they were a bit delayed due to Florida weather, so that means that Florida peaches are in stores now into June.
That means NOW is the time to stock up on Florida peaches for all your favorite peach recipes.
Like my Florida Peach Jalapeno Cornbread.
We have lived in Florida for over 20 years and my kids are proud Florida natives, and that means they love cornbread. And they have strong opinions on good cornbread and not-so-good cornbread. So, I was a little nervous making cornbread, as they would definitely be my biggest critics. Add that this was my first time ever making cornbread, I was a tad nervous.
But it turned out amazing.
I actually had no idea that homemade cornbread was so easy to make! Then add in the sweetness from the Florida peaches and the heat from the jalapenos and you got yourself one of the best cornbread recipes EVER.
To make my Florida Peach and Jalapeno Cornbread you will need:
Milk – I recommend Florida Milk, of course.
All the ingredients in my Peach Jalapeno Cornbread are pretty common ingredients, so you may have most of them at home right now. And if you don’t have Florida peaches at home yet, now is the time to get some. Did I mention that it’s Florida peach season RIGHT NOW?!
My kids love cornbread as a side to just about everything, but our favorite is BBQ. So, be on the look out for homemade peach BBQ sauce and grilled chicken coming up soon here on the blog. And I may have a easy peach dessert recipe to spoil y’all with too. Can you tell that I’m excited about Florida peach season??
Alright, well let’s get cooking the best Peach Jalapeno Cornbread E-V-E-R.
Here are a few things to note when making cornbread:
- When you are mixing the cornbread “batter”, it will be runny, almost water like. Don’t expect it to be dough-like or thick like cake batter.
- Your cornbread will be done when the top is brown and the center is cooked. Slide a knife or a toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, then it’s done.
- I served mine with a honey butter, you don’t have to if you don’t want to, but it’s crazy easy to make.
This cornbread about 10 – 12 servings, so if you have some leftover, here is how to store your homemade cornbread:
- If covered and left on the kitchen counter, your cornbread will be good for about 2 days
- If you store your homemade cornbread in an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator it will be good for approximately one week.
Here is my Peach Jalapeno Cornbread recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again. Because you will want to. I promise.
Florida Peach Jalapeno Cornbread
Peach Jalapeno Cornbread
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches about 2 small Florida peaches
- 1 large jalapeño diced - approx 1/2 cup. I leave the seeds in for a little added heat, feel free to remove them if desired.
- 1 ½ Tbsp salted butter divided
- 1½ cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1¾ cups 2% milk
- 1 squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- ½ stick butter softened
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Melt 1/2 Tbsp butter in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium-high.
- Add peach and jalapeños; cook, stirring, approx 3 minutes. Jalapenos will be tender and peaches will start to caramelize.
- While the peaches and jalapeno are cooking, in a large bowl, whisk cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, lemon juice, and eggs.
- Add milk mixture to the cornmeal mixture; stir until combined. It will be a bit runny. It shouldn't be thick.
- Stir in peach and jalapeno mixture.
- Put the empty skillet to the preheated oven for 5 minutes. During this time, allow the cornmeal mixture to rest.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven. Remember the handle will be HOT.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter to the skillet, swirl it around to coat the skillet.
- Pour cornmeal/peach batter into skillet.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and center is cooked thoroughly.
- Mix ½ stick butter and honey until combined.
I hope you enjoy this Peach Jalapeno Cornbread as much as we do!
We all just love the sweet and spicy flavor combination in this homemade cornbread.
Now remember, Florida peaches are only in season for a short period of time, so when you head to the store to get some (I have seen them at Publix, Walmart, and Winn-Dixie) be sure to stock up. You can freeze peaches or preserve peaches by canning them so that you enjoy Florida peaches all year long.
Be sure to check out my favorite Peach recipes here, you will find everything from peach cocktails to the peachiest desserts.
What is one of your favorite peach recipes?
Have you ever made cornbread before?
You can follow Florida Peaches on Facebook and Instagram for more sweet treats and recipes. Fresh From Florida also has some amazing Florida Peach recipes. Be sure to pick up some Florida peaches the next time you are at your favorite grocer. If you don’t see them at your local store, be sure to ask the produce manager when they expect their next shipment. Florida peaches are available now through mid-June, so don’t delay grabbing some.