With the holiday coming, I thought you guys would enjoy this easy dessert idea. Patriotic Mini Pies! Get your favorite canned fruits and get cooking!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Cans Get You Cooking. All opinions and this recipe are 100% my own.
Patriotic Mini Pies Recipes
With the holiday weekend right around the corner I thought we would all enjoy a fun little dessert idea! I RARELY make pies, in fact, if I am being honest I don’t think I have ever made a fruit pie…And with my husband and I the only one that would eat it, it would probably go bad before we got the chance to eat it all. So I decided Mini Pies were perfect idea. The perfect serving size, perfect to share, and you can make an many or as little different varieties as you would like 🙂
I went with cherry, blueberry, apple, and a vanilla mousse. My husband’s almost favorite pie is apple, so I made apple for him. I wanted the cherry and blueberry because they were well…RED and BLUE 🙂
The vanilla mousse is delicious and the only one my kids will eat…and it’s WHITE 🙂
See a theme here? 😉
To make the pie crusts, you just buy the ready-made pie crusts and use a cookie cutter, pancake mold, biscuit cutter etc. to get a perfect circle.
Once you have your mini pie crusts you gently push them into an ungreased muffin/cupcake tin.
For the fruit pies, you load each pie crust up with your favorite filling.
For the vanilla mousse ones, you actually bake the shell empty and add the filling later, so be sure to watch that in the directions.
As you can see, I used canned pie filling in these. I’m sure I could have spent all day (and a small fortune) getting the fruit and making it into a homemade pie filling, but my life and my budget doesn’t allow for that. Using canned pie filling definitely makes this recipe a bit easier, which I know many of us appreciate!
Now, here is the recipe for my Mini Pies, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 Can Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 Can Blueberry Pie Filling
- 2 Packages of Ready Pie Crust
- 8 oz Lite Cool Whip
- 1 Package Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Unroll each pie crust and use a circle cutter – such as a pancake mold or cookie cutter – to make small circles
- Gently push each mini pie crust into ungreased muffin tin
- Fill each mini crust with desired pie filling
- Bake for 20 mins until golden brown
- Bake empty pie crusts at 400 degrees for 10-12 mins or until golden brown
- While they are baking, mix pudding mix, cool whip, and milk until well blended
- Refrigerate for 20 – 30 mins – it will get firm
- Once mini pie crusts are cool and mousse it firm, fill each pie crust with the vanilla mousse
- Feel free to arrange your pies into a flag!