This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Yes, I put noodles in chili. No, I am not crazy. We love adding noodles to our chili and I hope you will too! Enjoy this easy slow cooker chili today. And tomorrow, because you will definitely have leftovers.
Easy Slow Cooker Chili With Noodles
This may very well be the easiest chili recipe out there. I am sure I could make changes to it, doctor it up some, but this is the way I have been making chili for as long as I can remember, so why would I change it now? Plus, my whole family loves it.
Yes, I put noodles in my Chili. I always have and I always will. In fact, I just figured everyone did, until I served it that way to some friends here in Florida and they thought I was a little strange. Then one night, I was at a friend’s who is from New Hampshire, and apparently they have always served chili with noodles, but the noodles are served on the side. Interesting! Personally, I love adding the noodles into my chili in the last hour or so the chili has been simmering in the crock pot, that way the noodles soak in all that delicious flavor.
Every time I make this easy chili mac recipe, I have plenty of leftovers. That’s just one of the benefits of adding the noodles in, you almost double the size of your meal. Plus, the leftovers are almost better than the first time you served it, the noodles get the chance to really soak in all the flavors and the spices and seasonings are just…perfect.
Now that I think about it, adding noodles to chili was what my grandma always did, and I would bet that is exactly why she did it, growing up during the Depression era, families did what they could to stretch their budgets. Now adding noodles to our chili is just the way we do, it’s the way we like. And I hope you will too!
Here is my Slow Cooker Easy Chili with Noodles recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easiest Chili with Noodles
- 1½ lbs ground beef or ground turkey uncooked is fine!
- 29 oz tomato sauce one big can
- 14½ oz diced tomatoes one can - I use either Garlic and Onion or Chili flavored.
- 2 15½ oz cans of chili beans
- 1 packet chili seasoning or homemade if you have it
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes omit if preferred
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ box elbow noodles
- Place all the ingredients expect the noodles in the crock pot and cook on low all day
- One hour before serving cook the noodles al dente
- Drain the noodles and add to the crock pot
- Let cook another hour - this way the noodles soak in all that delicious flavor
- Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese if desired