This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Alfredo sauce is usually one of those sauce that you consider an indulgence. But it doesn’t have to be. Get this healthy alfredo sauce recipe and enjoy it at home in about 10 minutes.
Healthy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
I love pasta, but it’s not something I eat all that often because I am always trying to watch my carbs. And Alfredo Sauce…well, that is something I used to never indulge in. Until I made this wonderfully fabulous…SKINNY Alfredo Sauce recipe! Oh, and guess what…it’s ready in about 10 minutes! So, make this alfredo sauce to top your favorite noodles, zoodles or whatever you would like, because it’s delicious on just about anything.
You only need a few simple ingredients…in fact, you may have them in your pantry and refrigerator right now.
To make homemade alfredo sauce you will need:
As you can see, the sauce blends so nicely and it smells absolutely incredible. You will feel like you walked into Olive Garden! But this is a bit more cost effective and you don’t have to drive anywhere 😉
No one in your house will miss the calories in this healthy alfredo sauce recipe. I promise you, it tastes just as good.
I served sauteed mushrooms with mine and it was the perfect addition. Plus, they only take a minute or two to get ready 🙂 I am all about easy when I am cooking!
Now, here’s my Easy Low Fat Alfredo Sauce Recipe …make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Skinny Alfredo Sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 tsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp low fat cream cheese 2 oz
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the garlic and saute until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute
- Add in the flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute
- Stir/whisk in the milk and salt
- Stir constantly until just thickened - approx 3 minutes
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until well blended and cheese is melted - approx 2-3 minutes
- Serve over your favorite noodles or zoodles
I hope your family enjoys this Skinny…EASY…Skinny Alfredo Sauce as much as we do!
What is one of your favorite sauce recipes? Have you ever made alfredo sauce at home?
Looking for more easy pasta sauce recipes? Check out these: