Easy Alfredo Sauce Recipe – Low-Fat Too!
I love pasta, but it’s not something I eat all that often because I am always trying to watch my carbs. And Alfredo Sauce…well, that is something I used to never indulge in. Until I made this wonderfully fabulous…SKINNY Alfredo Sauce recipe! Oh, and guess what…it’s ready in about 10 minutes!
You only need a few ingredients…in fact, you may have them in your pantry and refrigerator right now! Go ahead…look 🙂
As you can see, the sauce blends so nicely and it smells…DELICIOUS.
No one in your house will know that this is a low fat version of the heavy, full of fat version.
I served sauteed mushrooms with mine and it was the perfect addition. Plus, they only take a minute or two to get ready 🙂 I am all about easy and delicious when I am cooking!
Now, here’s the Easy Low Fat Alfredo Sauce Recipe …make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (2 oz) low-fat cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the garlic and saute until the garlic is slightly soft, about 1 minute
- Add in the flour and stir with a wooden spoon for 1 minute
- Stir/whisk in the milk and salt
- Stir constantly until just thickened – approx 3 minutes
- Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese; stir until well blended and cheese is melted – approx 2-3 minutes
- Serve over your favorite pasta
I hope your family enjoys this Skinny…EASY…Skinny Alfredo Sauce as much as we do!
Looking for more delicious sauce recipes? Check out these: