This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Citrus Marinade Grilled Swordfish Recipe
I had some amazing Swordfish from Anderson Seafoods that was calling my name this past weekend, and since my grill is now ready for use – I decided it was the perfect time to get grilling! So, I got a little creative and made this Citrus Marinade Grilled Swordfish. The grill isn’t just for burgers and steaks 😉
I wanted to do a light Citrus Marinade, so I got all the delicious flavors of citrus ready. If you are not a Tequila fan or don’t have any in the house – you can easily leave it out. It does NOT leave a strong flavor of Tequila, it just works well with the citrus.
Once you have all your citrus marinade ingredients mixed well, you just pour them into a ziploc bag and add in your Swordfish. I let mine marinate for about 5 hours, but you could easily do longer.
This citrus marinade would also be fabulous on other fish!
Just look how beautifully the swordfish cooked up on the grill! We loved this one. I served it with squash and rice. You can easily cook the squash up on the grill too, just slice it up, add in your favorite seasoning and wrap it in aluminum foil.
Now, here is my Grilled Swordfish Citrus Marinade Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Citrus Marinated Grilled Swordfish
- 2 4-6 oz swordfish steaks (each about 3/4 inch thick) I got mine from Anderson Seafoods
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce I used low sodium
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1½ tbsp tequila
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger powder would work too if you have that
- Place all the ingredients (besides the swordfish) into a medium size bowl and mix well
- Place the swordfish into a ziploc bag
- Pour the marinade into bag with the swordfish
- Place the bag into the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for at least 4 hours
- Remove swordfish from bag and place on hot grill
- Cook on each side for 4-6 mins or until cooked throughout - it will be easy to cut and flaky
I hope you enjoy this Citrus Marinated Grilled Swordfish Recipe as much as we do!
Love seafood? Be sure to check out this Teriyaki Salmon with Sriracha Cream Sauce Recipe.