I have the perfect spin on your favorite cereal for you all to try. Turn your favorite morning cereal into delicious muffins with this easy Morning Cereal Muffins Recipe!
Easy Breakfast Cereal Muffins Recipe
I have the perfect spin on your favorite cereal for you guys today. Turn your favorite cereal into your favorite muffins with this easy Morning Cereal Muffins Recipe!
The folks at Post Foods emailed me to let me know that Honeycomb Cereal was celebrating it’s 50th Birthday and they were celebrating! I, of course, wanted to get in on the celebration too 🙂 And so did my daughter!
She woke up this past weekend at 7 a.m. and I heard her rustling around in the kitchen, so I peeked around the corner and I saw her getting out plates, fruit, and our Honeycomb cereal. How adorable is that??!!
I couldn’t resist her cuteness, so we started on our muffins right away. She helped with every step along the way, but her favorite parts were sprinkling on the topping and taste-testing Honeycombs while we waited for the muffins to finish up in the oven 😉
Now, here is the Cereal Muffins Recipe, make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Breakfast Cereal Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup cold butter
- 3½ cups Post Honeycomb Cereal or your favorite cereal divided
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Mix flour, 2 tbsp sugar, the baking powder and salt in large bowl
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs
- Mix 3 cups of the cereal and the milk in medium bowl
- Let stand 3 minutes
- Stir in egg
- Add in flour mixture
- Stir just until moistened. *Batter will be lumpy.*
- Spoon evenly into 12 greased medium muffin cups (or use baking cups) filling each cup 2/3 full
- Mix remaining 1/3 cup cereal, 1 tsp. sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl - break cereal into smaller pieces if desired
- Sprinkle cereal/sugar mixture evenly over muffins
- Bake for 20 - 25 min. or until golden brown
- Allow to cool
I hope you enjoy these Breakfast Cereal Muffins as much as we do!
I hope you and your family enjoy this Morning Cereal Muffin Recipe as much as we do. Fresh Fruit is the perfect accompaniment!
Looking for a delicious smoothie to enjoy with your muffin? Check out this Beet Cucumber Apple Smoothie Recipe.