This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Want an easy recipe that the whole family will love? This is it. These are the Easiest Chicken Enchiladas you will ever make! You will have this recipe on the table in about 30 minutes for everyone to enjoy.
The Easiest Chicken Enchiladas
Easy weeknight dinner. Mexican Inspired. Yes please. My family loves meals that are full of flavor and I love meals that I can get on the table in about 30 minutes 😉 Mexican food is one of our favorite food groups, from breakfast to dinner, we love the flavor and the heat that you can typically find in Mexican food. We have a great little authentic Mexican restaurant right up the road that we like to go to at least once a month, but since our budget doesn’t allow for weekly, I have learned to make a few staple dishes here at home. Like these Chicken Enchiladas.
The beauty of these Chicken Enchiladas is that you use a rotisserie chicken that you pick up from your local grocery store, that alone saves you a ton of time in the kitchen! You can fill your enchiladas with whatever you and your family would like, but typically it’s just the meat. Me, I like to sneak in some vegetables now and again (hey, a mom’s gotta do what a mom’s gotta do) like corn or even beans. If you don’t want to add them inside of the enchiladas, I recommend serving with yellow rice and black beans. And don’t forget the chips and salsa. YUM.
What You Need To Make The Easiest Chicken Enchiladas:
1 Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken
1 can of Enchilada Sauce, we also love Simply Organic Red Enchilada Simmer Sauce.
1 package of small flour tortillas – not the street taco size, but the ones up from there. Not the LARGE either 😉
Cheddar or Mexican Shredded Cheese
Lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced jalapenos and sour cream for garnish
How To Make Make The Easiest Chicken Enchiladas:
Shred the chicken using 2 forks or your hands, whichever you prefer.
Place chicken in tortillas
Roll up tortilla like a cigar
Repeat until you have enough done for your family
Top with enchilada sauce
Sprinkle with cheese
Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes until heated throughout and cheese is melted
Top with lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and sour cream if desired
Seriously, does it get much easier than that y’all? I didn’t think so!
Now, here is the Easiest Chicken Enchiladas Recipe you will ever need! Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easiest Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 10 oz can Enchilada Sauce or we also love Simply Organic Red Enchilada Simmer Sauce
- 1 package small flour tortillas
not the street taco size and not the burrito size
- Cheddar or Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Lettuce, chopped tomato, sliced jalapenos and sour cream for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Shred chicken with 2 forks or hands, whichever you prefer
- Lay tortillas flat and kill each one with chicken
- Roll up tortilla like a cigar, placing the "open" side down in a sprayed baking dish
- Repeat until you have enough done for your family
- Top with enchilada sauce
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese
- Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes until heated throughout and cheese is melted
- Top with lettuce, tomato, jalapenos and sour cream if desired
I hope you enjoy this Easiest Chicken Enchiladas Recipe as much as we do!
Looking for another easy, yet delicious Mexican Inspired dish?