This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Stubb’s BAR B-Q. I am a proud Stubb’s BAR B-Q Insider. All opinions and the recipe are 100% my own.
BBQ Chicken Sliders with Mango Coleslaw
There are few things better than making a fabulous meal that is light on your wallet, easy to make, tastes great, and get you compliments from your family for days. I received Stubb’s BAR B-Q Cookin’ Sauces for review and the first one I wanted to try was the BAR B-Q Slider one. The sauces can be used in the crock pot or on the stove in a skillet, but since I love using my crock pot and I knew I wanted to shred my chicken – I went the crock pot route.
Everything you need is in the Cookin’ Sauce, so I just needed to grab chicken…and a mango. Since I topped my sliders with my Mango Coleslaw, I decided to add Mango Puree into the finishing sauce.
I actually bought 2 pounds of chicken since I knew the leftovers would be fabulous and the Spice Pack had plenty of seasonings for all my chicken. Make sure to rub the seasoning on both sides of the chicken for optimal flavor.
Once you have the spices rubbed on the chicken, you simply put it in the crock pot with the Cooking Sauce.
Then you sit back and enjoy the delicious scents from the Crock Pot for 4-6 hours. As I mentioned above, I wanted to add Mango Puree to the finishing sauce, so I got that ready while the chicken was cooking. Simply peel and cut the mango and place half of it in a food processor and add it to the sauce.
If you make it ahead of time as well, be sure to refrigerate it until you are ready to use it. This is also the perfect time to make the Mango Coleslaw. Doesn’t it look great? Grab the Mango Coleslaw Recipe. It only tastes moments to make and you will love the flavor it adds to the BBQ Chicken Sliders.
Once you coleslaw is made, cover it and toss it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Once the chicken is done, you simply remove it from the crock pot and use two forks to shred it. You will discard of the juices in the crock pot, then add the chicken back in with the Finishing Sauce.
Once you let the Finishing Sauce marinate in with the chicken for about 30 minutes you are ready to enjoy the best BBQ Chicken Sliders ever!
Now, here’s the recipe, make sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 1 package of Stubb’s BAR B-Q Sliders Cookin’ Sauce
- 2 lbs chicken
- 1 mango
- 1 batch of Mango Coleslaw – recipe linked in post
- Use the Stubb’s Spice Packet to full coat the chicken breasts – be sure to cover both sides of the chicken
- Place the chicken into the crock pot
- Pour the Stubb’s Cooking Sauce into the crock pot
- Cook on low for 4- 6 hours or until chicken is tender enough to easily shred with a fork
- While the chicken is cooking, peel and dice the mango, use half and puree it in a food processor
- Add the mango to the Stubb’s BAR B-Q Finishing Sauce and refrigerate until ready to use
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot when it is done and place on plate
- Shred the chicken with two forks
- Discard of the “juices” in the crock pot
- Place the chicken back into the crock pot and top with the Stubb’s Finishing Sauce with the Mango Puree
- Mix well and cook on low for approx 30 mins
- Serve on buns with Mango Coleslaw
I hope you enjoy these BBQ Chicken Sliders with Mango Coleslaw as much as we do! They do have a bit of a “kick” to them heat-wise, so I really liked the way the Mango Coleslaw added a touch of sweetness.
Be sure to keep a look out for Stubb’s BAR B-Q Cookin’ Sauces at your favorite retailers.
If you prefer to shop online, you can also find them on Amazon. There are several varieties to choose from and they all promise to make for a delicious meal.