This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Baked Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
When we eat out at the local Thai or Chinese restaurants my kids always order the Teriyaki Chicken. They say it’s their favorite sauce EVER. Since I have made several other recipes that have a teriyaki sauce, I figured making it with chicken couldn’t be too complicated. So, I combined two of my recipes, decided that we would bake the chicken for a nice and healthy option and the end result was fabulous!
In fact, my daughter told me it was better than the restaurant version. WOOHOO 🙂
Now, here’s the recipe, make sure to Pin It or Print It so that you can make it again and again.
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger – can use ground ginger if you have that in your pantry already
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 1 lb diced chicken – I cut mine into 1-2 in pieces
- Whisk together all ingredients except the chicken to make the marinade
- Add diced chicken and your teriyaki marinade into a large ziploc bag
- Place bag in refrigerator for at least one hour – to overnight
- Once ready pour everything into baking dish
- Bake covered at 350 for 40 mins until chicken is cooked throughout
- Serve with veggies, rice, quinoa, with a mixture of all those or alone!
- Be sure to use the “sauce” on your rice or veggies too!
I hope you and your family enough this Baked Chicken Teriyaki recipe as much as we do!
Looking for more teriyaki inspired dishes?
Check out these recipes: