This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Start your day with these Easy Protein Packed Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make sure it tastes good and will keep you fueled until lunch. While this post is sponsored by Mission Foods, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Easy Protein Packed Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I am sure you have heard that before, but do you know why? Having breakfast breaks your overnight fast and kick-starts your metabolism, this will help you burn calories throughout the day. There are even studies out there that say eating breakfast can added benefits like improving your memory and concentration. Since all you have to do is give yourself about 5 – 10 minutes in the morning before you run out the door or get started on your list of things to do, to help you on your way to a better day, I definitely recommend having a good breakfast.
What makes a good breakfast? Added protein. Protein is a part of every single cell in your body. From your hair down to your toe nails. So having a protein-packed breakfast is like a win-win. Like my Easy Protein Packed Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos.
These Easy Protein Packed Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos are filled with eggs, fresh vegetables (I used zucchini, squash and mini sweet peppers) and turkey sausage. I sprinkled some shredded cheese on top, drizzled on sriracha for a bit of heat and then added a few slices of avocado to complete my breakfast burrito perfection.
There is protein in the turkey sausage, avocado, cheese and even in the wrap itself. I use Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps to make my breakfast burritos because they have 7 grams of protein, they are high in fiber (good for helping us stay fuller longer), and only have 3 grams net carbs per tortilla. Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps are plant powered which makes them a good source of protein because they are packed with high quality pea protein. That means each wrap is not only filled with fiber and protein, but also essential nutrients and amino acids to help fuel us through the day. Oh and Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps are vegetarian! So, if you lead a vegetarian life, these wraps are for you. You will have to modify my breakfast burrito recipe a tad though 😉
I love preparing meals for my family with Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps because they offer a protein boost in addition to great taste and quality. So I can feel good about giving them to my family and I know we are making better choices for our healthy lifestyle.
Now, here is my Protein Packed Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burrito Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make them again and again.
Protein Packed Breakfast Burritos
- 1 package Mission® Protein Tortilla Wraps
- 1 package Ground turkey sausage - I used the hot variety Found in breakfast section at grocer
- 9 eggs
- ½ zucchini - sliced, then cut in half
- ½ squash - sliced, then cut in half
- 3 mini sweet peppers - sliced
- 1 avocado - sliced
- shredded cheddar cheese if desired
- sriracha if desired
- Cook the turkey sausage, drain any grease, add into a bowl and set aside
- Add the sliced vegetables to the same pan and saute
- When the vegetables are cooked, add them to a bowl and set aside
- Add the eggs in the pan and lightly scramble
- While the eggs are cooking add a tad of butter or oil to a separate pan and warm each tortilla slightly
- When eggs are cooked, assemble your burritos by adding eggs, sausage, and veggies to each warmed tortilla
- Top with avocado, cheese and sriracha
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling and pull the filling back toward the bottom third of the tortilla. Then make two folds on either side of the large fold. Then roll it up.
I hope you enjoy these Easy Protein Packed Turkey Sausage Breakfast Burritos as much as we do!
These breakfast burritos will also make for an easy dinner idea too. Brinner anyone?
Have you ever had breakfast burritos before?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mission Foods.