Need a delicious and easy dinner recipe? These Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls are it! You can have these on the table in 15 minutes all while donating free meals to your local foods banks. While this post is sponsored by Produce For Kids, all opinions and the recipe are my own.
Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls
Who else loves easy dinner recipes? I do! I do! Who else loves helping others in need? I do! I do! Who else loves the idea of going to the grocery store and buying what you need and knowing that you are donating free meals to your local Feeding America? I do! I do!
When I went to Publix this week and hit the produce section to stock up on the ingredients for this Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls recipe and our other fresh produce staples, I walked out knowing that I was helping local families in need. It was a pretty great feeling, knowing I was going to find my family and help feed other local families. How did I help other local families? Simply by purchasing produce! Produce for Kids has teamed up with amazing produce sponsors at Publix to help support Feeding America. So, all you have to do to help is buy the things you normally would, Produce for Kids and the sponsors handle the donation part.
Now, let me tell you how yummy these Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls are. I mean, isn’t just about anything better when it’s wrapped up in a crescent roll anyway? Fresh tomatoes, fresh basil (from our garden actually!), mozzarella cheese, roasted chicken and ranch dressing. The tomato, basil, roasted chicken and mozzarella instantly made me think of a healthy version of Chicken Parmesan. But this version of Chicken Parmesan has no breading and no red sauce and it’s wrapped in a crescent roll. It also made me think of a Caprese Salad, with the fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella it is pretty close. But this version of a Caprese Salad is wrapped in a crescent roll and instead of balsamic I used Marie’s Creamy Ranch Dressing. So, basically these Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls are a combination of a few of my favorite recipes, but wrapped in crescent rolls.
Tomatoes are they loaded with vitamin C, iron, and potassium, they contain lycopene, a powerful flavonoid that has proven to slow the onset of several kinds of cancer, so not only do they taste good but you can feel good about adding them into this easy dinner recipe.
You can use rotisserie chicken, baked chicken, shredded chicken basically any find of chicken you have on hand. I used grab a bag of the organic oven roasted short cut chicken slices in the deli section. It was easy and on sale. Mom win.
To make these Tomato Basil Chicken & Ranch Crescent Rolls you simply spread on ranch dressing to each crescent roll triangle, then layer a small slice of mozzarella (I used fresh mozzarella), a half slice tomato, a slice of chicken, top with a fresh basil leaf, roll up the crescents and then bake. Done.
Prep time is less than 5 minutes for my Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls and bake time is about 10 minutes. That means you can have dinner on table in 15 minutes. I recommend serving with a Fresh Express Bagged Salad, (I served mine with Spring Mix) not only because it’s easy but because it’s another sponsor that will donate meals to your local Feeding America simply because you made the purchase.
Now, here is my Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make them and again.
Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls
- 1 can crescent rolls 8 count
- 8 ½ tbsp ranch dressing - I used Marie's Creamy Ranch
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella - I used part skim cut thin
- 1 fresh tomato - I used SUNSET on the vine cut in slices, then cut in half
- 6 oz chicken - I used the oven roasted short cuts
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Open the crescent rolls and spread approximately 1/2 tablespoon of the ranch dressing onto each one
- Place one slice of cheese on each crescent roll, long ways, so that the slice goes from top to bottom
- Place one half of tomato slice near the wide end of the crescent roll, do this to each one
- Place one strip of the chicken on top of the tomato, do this to each one
- Top each piece of chicken with a fresh basil leaf
- Roll each crescent roll
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown
I hope you enjoy these Ranch Tomato Basil Chicken Crescent Rolls as much as we do!
Here are all the Sponsors to keep a look out for while shopping at Publix:
- CMI Orchards Hero Snack Size Gala Apples
- Crunch Pak® Sliced Apples
- Del Monte® Fruit Naturals® Cups
- Del Monte® Fresh Pineapple & Avocados
- Fresh Express® Packaged Salads
- Lakeside Produce Beefsteak Tomatoes & Hot House Cucumbers
- Marie’s® Dressings
- SUNSET® Tomatoes on the Vine, Campari® Tomatoes & Mini Cucumbers
- Mission Avocados
- Red ’n Tasty™ Premium Vine-Ripened Tomatoes & Grape Tomatoes
Remember, each of these fresh produce companies will donate free meals to your local Feeding America food banks now through October 23rd. Each year, 46.5 million Americans benefit from Feeding America food banks. I am always honored to have teamed up with Produce for Kids to fight hunger and make a difference to families in need. And when you go to Publix and buy the produce you normally do, you will be making a difference too.
Looking for more produce-packed easy recipes?
Be sure to check out ProduceForKids.com for more than 450 registered dietitian-approved and family-tested recipes, meal planning tools, grocery store specific campaign details, and healthy tips from real parents and on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for even more!