This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Make your own fruit rolls and enjoy the extra nutrients in this Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather Recipe! It even has hidden veggies.
Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather
Complete With Hidden Veggies
I am really loving the idea of making my own fruit roll ups lately. The prep time is less than 5 minutes and this is my 3rd or 4th variety and I love them all! Really, how can you go wrong with fruit and honey baked goodness? If you follow me, you know that I am a smoothie addict, you can find over 100 smoothies recipes here on the blog, and in just about every smoothie I make I add in vegetables, turmeric, cinnamon, and chia seeds. All of those have outstanding nutritional value, so I have decided why not add them to my fruit leather creations??
The carrots and greens do not alter the flavor at all, but the greens do make the color a bit darker. Since I crave something sweet pretty much daily, the fruit leather has also become one of my favorite snacks! The kids love it too, but I will be honest, some days I have a hard time sharing 😉
This fruit leather recipe has strawberries, pineapple, carrots and a healthy handful of greens. You simply place all the ingredients into your favorite blending device and then pour it on a baking sheet. Toss it in the oven and forget about it for the next several hours. Once it’s done, let it cool, cut it and enjoy! Seriously, it is so easy! And the possibilities are endless of what you can add into your own fruit leather creation.
Now, here is my Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather – Complete With Hidden Veggies Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather - Complete With Hidden Veggies
- 2 cups strawberries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- ½ cup carrots - I had matchstick ones in my refrigerator so that's what I used
- handful greens
- 1/4 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Place all ingredients into your food processor
- You should be able to pour the mixture, but it shouldn't be so watery that it will run off the baking sheet
- Line rimmed baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mats
- Pour/spread the mixture evenly onto baking/cookie sheet
- Place in oven and cook until firm - approx. 3-5 hours
- Remove from oven and let cool
- Cut into desired width and length strips and
- Roll up with parchment paper if desired, or keep separated with wax paper in an air-tight container
- Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or two months in freezer
I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Pineapple Fruit Leather – Complete With Hidden Veggies Recipe as much as we do!
Have you ever made your own fruit leather? What is your favorite variety?
If you have produce in your refrigerator that you can’t possibly eat it all before it starts to turn bad, making fruit leather is an excellent alternative to the garbage disposal! By blending them and baking them, you create something new and delicious and extend the life of that produce. You can also make DIY Smoothie Freezer Packs or make your own No Churn Ice Cream.
Looking for more healthy snack recipe ideas?