This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Ham With Root Beer Demi Glace
If you are still looking for an easy meal idea for Easter (or any night really!) make sure to check out this easy and delicious Ham recipe. I like to use the Slow Cooker as much as possible – it’s just too easy to not use! I put our small ham in the slow cooker and tossed in a can of coke and let it cook all day long. It adds a great flavor, but my favorite part of this meal is definitely the Root Beer Demi Glace, which is also super easy to make. Spend some time with your family…don’t spend it all in the kitchen 😉
- 12 oz of Root Beer
- 12 oz of Beef Stock
- Put the ham in the slow cooker
- Add enough Coca-Cola to cover 1/4 of the ham – baste the ham through the day to ensure it says juicy and moist
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours
- Put the beef stock and root beer in a pan on the stove approx 45 minutes before you want to serve your meal
- Let the root beer mixture simmer for 30 minutes, slowly bring to a boil the last few minutes
- The liquid will reduce QUICKLY so when it starts to boil, do NOT leave the stove – you don’t want to lose it all
- The liquid will become syrup like when it is ready
- Spoon the demi glace over the ham right before serving
Make sure to let me know if you try this Slow Cooker Ham with Root Beer Demi Glace Recipe!
If you are looking for a dessert recipe, I posted a Strawberry Chocolate Truffle and a Peaches & Cream Pie recipe yesterday 🙂
And be check out all my delicious recipes on Food Wine Sunshine and follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Google +.