This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This homemade healthy pumpkin coffee cake is the perfect accompaniment to your morning cup of coffee. With only 20 minutes of prep time, you will have this easy coffee cake ready to serve in about an hour.
Low Fat Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Tis the season for pumpkin….I was trying to think of a new way to enjoy pumpkin this Fall, I love pumpkin muffins, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin pudding pie and even pumpkin roasted salad, but I decided to try my hand at Coffee Cake. And to be honest, I have never made any kind of cake from complete scratch, so I am here to tell you, if I can do this Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe, you can too! You all know that I always making us yummy food that has less fat and calories in it, so you will notice that with this one too. But it is definitely full of all those fall flavors that we all love 🙂
First, I started with a simple topping – that took me less than 5 minutes to mix together. No butter and I used cereal for that crunchy goodness 🙂
The batter was just a matter of mixing everything together! I did use my mixer, but you can definitely do it by hand if prefer to mix it that way.
Now, here’s my low fat pumpkin coffee cake recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Healthy Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Coffee Cake Topping Ingredients
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp low fat or skim milk (more if extra moisture is needed)
- 2 tbsp crunchy nugget cereal I used Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds
Pumpkin Coffee Cake Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin puree
- ½ cup low fat buttermilk
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, cereal and milk with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
Coffee Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda in a small mixing bowl
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk, brown sugar, sugar, canola oil and vanilla mix until well blended
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined
- Add the batter into a 9x9 pan or a round cake pan that is sprayed with cooking spray
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the top of the cake
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center
I hope you and your family enjoy this easy Pumpkin Coffee Cake Recipe as much as we did!
We had ours for breakfast – it is absolutely amazing with a nice cup of coffee, but it would also make for a perfect Fall dessert.
Love the idea of having pumpkin at breakfast? Check out this Banana Pumpkin Pancake Weight Watchers Recipe!