Low Calorie Vanilla Cupcakes
4 Weight Watcher PointsPlus®
I love desserts. Cakes, cupcakes, chocolate, vanilla, caramel, anything sweet really. I’m not overly particular, but that calorie count will keep me away most days. How does a low calorie vanilla cupcake sound? Sounds PERFECT to me! I adapted this recipe from one I found on Hungry Girl and I was excited to try it. I will admit that these Low Calorie Vanilla Cupcakes will take you a bit longer to prep than the regular out of the box cupcakes, but the fact that you won’t have the guilt is totally worth it!
It will take you about 10-15 minutes to prep and cook time for these yummy weight watcher cupcakes is about 15 minutes. That means in about 30 minutes you can be enjoying these Low Fat Vanilla Cupcakes with friends and family. If you want to share that is…Well, I recommend sharing…this cupcake recipe makes about 22-24 low fat cupcakes and if you eat them all, you will lose out on that whole “healthier” part 🙂
As you can see, you can fill the liners in the muffin pan up all the way to the top. These low calorie vanilla cupcakes won’t rise quiet as much as the traditional variety.
Now, here is my Weight Watcher Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Weight Watchers Vanilla Cupcakes
- 12 oz Whipped topping - Fat Free, thawed (1.5 containers if you buy the 8 oz. container)
- 3 tbsp Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 box moist-style yellow cake mix
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups diet lemon-lime soda at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup liquid egg whites or (about 8) raw egg whites
- Sprinkles if desired
- Combine whipped topping and pudding mix in a bowl, and mix until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until cupcakes are ready to be frosted.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix with baking powder and mix.
- Add soda and vanilla extract, and stir or whisk until batter is smooth. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with a handheld electric mixer (or with a whisk really fast) until fluffy, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Gently mix egg whites into the cake batter until thoroughly combined.
- Line muffin pans with baking cups and/or spray with nonstick spray.
- Evenly distribute batter among the cups. Cups can be full.
- Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out fairly clean.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Once cupcakes have cooled, top each evenly with the frosting and sprinkles.