Pico De Gallo is a fresh and chunky salsa fresca. I used tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic powder and Stubb’s Sweet Black Pepper Anytime Sauce.
How To Make Amazing Pico De Gallo
Have you made Pico De Gallo before? I am embarrassed to say that this was my first time. The good news is that it won’t be my last 🙂 It is a fresh and chunky salsa fresca that is good on just about everything. Especially your favorite Mexican dishes. In this recipe I used tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic powder…and my secret ingredient is Stubb’s BAR-B-Q Sweet Black Pepper Anytime Sauce.
I made my Pico De Gallo for my fresh fish tacos, don’t worry I will share that recipe too 🙂
The 1st thing I love about Pico De Gallo is all the beautiful colors! Red, green, the white of the onion…it just screams to be eaten. Hungry yet??
Well, good because here is my Pico De Gallo recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 1/2 red onion – diced
- 1 green onion – chopped
- 2 jalapenos – seeded and chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh cilantro – chopped
- 2 tablespoons Stubb’s Sweet Black Pepper Anytime Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium size bowl combine all the fresh veggies
- Evenly sprinkle on the garlic powder
- Mix in the Stubb’s Sweet Black Pepper Anytime Sauce
- Serve on Fish Tacos or with chips…or anything that needs a fresh veggie kick
I know I mentioned above that I put my Pico De Gallo on our Fish Tacos for dinner, so I thought I would share the quick and easy way we made our fish! Fish tacos is one of our favorite go-to-meals. They are super easy to make, full of flavor, and oh-so-good!
What You Need For Fabulous Fish Tacos:
- Fresh Fish – I recommend Mahi or Tilapia
- Stubb’s Pork Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh Pico De Gello
What You Do:
- Head up the olive oil in a saute pan
- Add in your filet of fish
- Heavy coat the one side of the fish with the Stubb’s Pork Spice Rub
- Flip after 2-3 mins, you will see the edges of the fish turn a nice flaky white
- Heavy coat the other side of the fish with the Stubb’s Pork Spice Rub
- The fish will easily flake with a fork when done
- Add the prepared fish and place it in corn or flour tortillas, top with Pico De Gallo (lettuce and cheese too if desired)
I hope you and your family enjoy this Pico De Gallo Recipe and fabulous Fish Tacos Recipe as much as we do!
I am a proud Stubb’s BAR-B-Q Insider, while this recipe is sponsored, all opinions are 100% my own!
Looking for more delicious recipes to cook up? Be sure to check out How To Smoke GREAT Ribs.