This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
These Halloween Monster Cookies are the perfect Halloween treat. These Halloween Cookies are easy to make and so much fun for the family to decorate. While this post is sponsored by Florida Dairy Farmers, all opinions and my love of dairy are my own.
Halloween Monster Cookies
Halloween is upon us and what better way to celebrate this spooky season than with spooky sweet treats. And that is exactly what these Halloween Monster Cookies are. Spooky. Sweet. Fun to make. Actually, if you are looking to get the kids involved in the kitchen, these Halloween cookies are the perfect way to do it. There are several steps, but they are all easy, and kids love to decorate cookies!
I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch for the first time to make these adorable Halloween Monster Cookies! I actually had all the ingredients to make my homemade chocolate chip cookies right in the pantry, so I didn’t have to make an extra trip to the store.
The vanilla frosting is also made from scratch, it’s only 4 ingredients and it’s ready in just a few minutes. To get the bright Halloween colors in the frosting I recommend using food coloring gel. Food coloring gel will make your colors a bit more intense and they won’t alter the flavor of your frosting.
For the Halloween Monster Cookie decorations you can look through your pantry to see what you have that will work for eyes, teeth and even antennas. I used milk chocolate and white chocolate chips, marshmallows, and candy eyes. A few other ideas for decorating your Halloween Monster Cookies are licorice and pretzel pieces.
To make the homemade chocolate chip cookies you need:
To make your homemade vanilla frosting you need:
Food Coloring Gel
Now, for the Ultimate Halloween Sweet Treat, you gotta make a Chocolate Milkshake to serve with your Monster Cookies! I served my cookie right on top of the chocolate milkshake glass, making it kinda like a Monster Cookie Milkshake. How fun is that??
Ok, so let’s get to baking. Here is Halloween Monster Cookie recipe…complete with the homemade vanilla frosting and chocolate milkshake recipes.
Halloween Monster Cookies
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- 2 ¼ cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Sticks Softened Butter
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients
- 1 stick butter - softened/room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk
- Purple Food Coloring Gel
- Orange Food Coloring Gel
- Green Food Coloring Gel
- Mini Marshmallows for teeth and/or eyes
- Candy Eyes
- Chocolate Chips and White Chocolate Chips for teeth or eyes
Chocolate Milkshake Ingredients
- 2 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate milk
Chocolate Chip Cookie Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda and vanilla extract using mixer.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Slowly add the flour 1/4 a cup at time.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Make small cookie dough balls, approximately 1 inch.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting.
- Once the cookies are completely cooled, place a spoonful of frosting between two cookies.
- Add a little frosting on the top cookie to hold the eyes and other fun decorations in place.
- In a medium sized bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), mix the butter until it is smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar, a 1/4 cup at a time.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Divide the frosting into four small bowls. Add green, purple and orange gel food coloring and mix well. Leave one white if desired, I did.
Chocolate Milkshake Instructions
- Blend until smooth
- Enjoy with Halloween Cookies!
I hope you enjoy these Halloween Monster Cookies and Chocolate Milkshake as much as we do!
These Halloween Monster Cookies are so much fun to make. Once the cookies are cooled, let the kids have fun with the decorating! It’s a fun and easy way to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
Can you use store bought cookies and frosting to make these Halloween Monster Cookies?
Yes, you sure can. It will save you on some time. But it’s super easy to make it from scratch 🙂
If you use store bought frosting, get any white frosting variety and divide it into small bowls as described above. Then mix in the food coloring gel.
How do you decorate your Chocolate Milkshake glass?
I used white candy melts and Halloween sprinkles. Follow the directions on the candy melts package then use a spoon to drizzle/spread the melted candy around the glass. Immediately sprinkle on the sprinkles.
What is one of your favorite Halloween treats?
Make sure to serve these Halloween Pancakes for breakfast: