This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post by Cans Get You Cooking, I am a proud Canbassador! This recipe and all opinions are my own.
Fiesta Rice with Chicken Recipe
I have a a delicious recipe to share with you guys this afternoon – this Fiesta Rice (and QUINOA!) and Chicken dish is easy to make and it’s filled with flavor. I love that this recipe has several canned ingredients – Cans seal in freshness, flavor, and nutrition, naturally.
The can is one of the best ways to get food from the farm to your family — sealing in freshness, flavor and nutrition so they can be served anytime with confidence. Plus, it cuts your prep way down – it’s very easy to open a can and get cooking 🙂
Now, here’s my Fiesta Rice with Chicken Recipe:
- 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- Amount of water stated on rice cooking directions
- 1 can of black beans – rinsed
- 1 can of tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 can corn
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced Green Onion
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 2 breasts of cooked Chicken (more or less depending on your taste and family size)
- Cook rice and quinoa according to package directions
- Mix the canned tomatoes, black beans, corn, onions, cilantro, and cumin in a mixing bowl
- Cut the limes in half and add the juice to the tomato mixture
- Once rice is done, add it to your salsa mixture and mix well
- Serve with chicken
Just look at the salsa – it’s so full of color! And it tastes amazing 😉
Enjoy this Fiesta Rice with Chicken Recipe. I hope you like it as much as we do!
I am a proud to share this recipe that include the delicious vegetables that you can get at your favorite grocery store…in cans! I got mine on sale at Winn Dixie 🙂 Make sure to check Cans Get You Cooking out online, on Facebook, on Twitter, Pinterest, and even YouTube!
While you are at it – make sure to find Food Wine Sunshine on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google + for more Florida Fun, reviews, recipes, and more!
1 thought on “Fiesta Rice with Chicken Recipe”
This looks delicious! Thank you!