This post may contain affiliate links, please read our disclosure policy.
Made with fresh pesto, fresh tomatoes and fresh bread you cannot go wrong with this Easy Pesto Bruschetta appetizer. Ready in under 10 minutes this is a perfect appetizer for any night.
Easy Pesto Bruschetta
Bruschetta is one of our favorite appetizers. Bruschetta is easy to make and it’s always delicious, so since I had a batch of homemade pesto, I decided to add a fun twist on a classic. This is a great appetizer to serve with an Italian meal or you can eat it just by itself, it’s actually what I had for lunch yesterday 😉
To make Pesto Bruschetta you need:
Some olive oil
Pesto – I used homemade pesto
Diced tomatoes, you can use canned but I prefer fresh personally
To make Pesto Bruschetta you simply:
Slice the bread then toast it in the oven.
Top each slice with pesto, add tomatoes and a little Parmesan cheese
Now you can toss it change in the oven to warm the tomatoes, but you don’t have to, it’s a personal preference.
My husband doesn’t like warm tomatoes, in fact one of my closest friends doesn’t either, so when I make this easy appetizer I usually don’t toss it back in the oven. If you want your tomatoes a tad warm and that Parmesan cheese melted, put the bruschetta back in the oven for a few minutes at 350 degrees or on broiler for just a few, and watch it so it doesn’t burn!
Now, here is my Easy Pesto Bruschetta appetizer recipe, be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again.
Easy Pesto Bruschetta Appetizer
- 1 loaf baguette cut into ½ inch slices
- olive oil for brushing the bread
- pesto I used homemade, store bought is fine too
- 2 diced tomatoes canned will work as well, just make sure you drain them
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brush each slice with a little olive oil and place olive oil side up on cookie sheet
- Toast bread slices for approx 5 minutes. To speed up the process you can us the broiler, but that will only take a minute, watch so they don't burn!
- Leave slices on a cookie sheet and spread with enough pesto to cover the top of the bread slice . If you like pesto spread it on a little thicker.
- Top with diced tomatoes
- Sprinkle with a little Parmesan cheese
- Place back in the oven for a few minutes if preferred or serve immediately
I hope you enjoy this Easy Pesto Bruschetta as much as we do!
Do you like bruschetta? Have you ever made pesto bruschetta before?
Be sure follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipes, things to do and more.