You can have dinner prepped with just 5 simple ingredients and 5 minutes with this easy Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers recipe.
Easy Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers
You know those nights where you think you have nothing to make for dinner? Well, that’s what I was like the other day when I decided to make this delicious Crock Pot Sausage Peppers and Onions! I grabbed the Sweet Turkey Italian Sausage I got on sale at Target from the deep freezer and the peppers and onions that I had left over from stir fry the night before and tossed it all in the Crock Pot. I also had a half jar of marinara sauce in the refrigerator, so I put that in there too…for extra flavor!
The result? AMAZING!!!
I did run out and grab hoagie rolls from Winn-Dixie, so I served the sausage, peppers, and onions in the roll and drizzled on some of the marinara sauce. I went simple and served it with salads and french fries and we all loved it! I made 5 links of sausage and there was a half of one left and some sauce…which I will gladly serve over pasta tomorrow night 🙂
Now, here is my Crock Pot Sausage Peppers & Onions Recipe. Be sure to Print It and Pin It so that you can make it again and again…because you will definitely want to!
Slow Cooker Sausage Peppers & Onions
- Slow Cooker
- 1 package turkey sausage use whatever sausage your family would enjoy
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 Vidalia Sweet onion sliced
- ½ jar favorite marinara sauce I used DelGrosso Sunday Fireworks
- Buns for serving if desired
- Place all the ingredients in the crock pot
- Cook on low for at least 4-5 hours, I had mine in for 8 because we were out and about all day, it does NOT dry out or burn thanks to the sauce
- Serve on hoagie rolls if desired
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers as much as we do!
If you like to prep meals ahead of time, this recipe would easily be converted to a Freezer Meal, just toss all the above listed ingredients into a large ziploc freezer bag and throw it in the crock pot when you are ready!
Looking for another delicious Crock Pot meal?